Strange Days

threegee

Later this week Chris Huhne, the Liberal Democrat Energy Secretary, will get to his feet in the commons to announce the sites of eight new nuclear power stations. That's fairly unremarkable except that... he knows that a majority of Lib Dem MPs will vote it down. But... he's not worried about this because he knows he'll still get them built - because... Labour MPs will support him! :blink:

Confused? It all becomes clear when you recall the LibDem election proposition: a vote for us is a vote for change.

best of it is they say were skint yet they still give africa, afganistan etc billions in aid!

Actually monsta at a time of deep cuts in the public purse one of only two (I think) budgets which will get increased is Foreign Aid? (£5 billion?) Now I am all for helping others less fortunate and all that but I do believe charity begins at home, because if we don't get this right there won't be anything to take this Aid money from pretty soon!

:wtf: spend cuts every where as usuall hitting the poorest first! so why the !*!@# is george !*!@# nose raising foriegn aid by 37%? of course spending cuts probably wont hurt him as he's got a secure job with pretty good wages so why the !*!@# should he care!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like our future intelligencia have taken matters into their own hands........

There is clearly great hope in these battling, determined and bright students who stand there, defiantly, with a placard bearing the legend "WE ARE YOUR FUTRUE" (sic)

Graduates first words at work after leaving uni "Would you like relish with your burger sir? "

yep, and the store manager is the dim kid who started where the graduate is now.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now