More Money For Wansbeck

Nice to see Wansbeck area getting more money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18212669

Money for:

A New Leisure Centre in Ashington £20 Million.

A Bypass for Morpeth £40 Million.

A Maritime Centre for Newbiggin £3 Million.

Now money for Newbiggin to rejuvenate shopping areas £100 Thousand.

When Will Bedlington get the same treatment?

Didn't we just blow £2M on a completely unnecessary revamp of the Marketplace? Not that I'm saying we shouldn't have grabbed what was on offer, but there were/are 101 much better things to spend just a tiny fraction of that on.

I noticed that on the local BBC TV news last night they couldn't even be arsed to get on their bogie and shoot up to Newbiggin to cover the Portas Pilot thing. We had to make do with some shots of two empty shops in the centre of Stockton and a few quick interviews there. Stockton gets a whopping £92K!

Didn't we just blow £2M on a completely unnecessary revamp of the Marketplace? Not that I'm saying we shouldn't have grabbed what was on offer, but there were/are 101 much better things to spend just a tiny fraction of that on.

I kind of agree GGG but I was at an event last week where people who had never been to the Town remarked on just how nice it is looking with the newly revamped shop fronts etc. Just take a look at other towns with the same level of empty premises!

I think it's great we got that £2M (?) investment but without follow up and concentrated effort it will go the same way as every investment into the town has ever gone…… so we need to be using it to springboard further upgrades both in the fabric and the economy of the town.

"But we still face some huge challenges" not the least of which is finding a £5 external mic to plug in, and borrowing a cheap tripod.

The severe wind noise on the camera mic speaks far louder than any of the interviewees. Spend the Portas cash on windscreens, so people can actually stand on the high street.

Full marks for doing something - anything - but when you are posting YouTube video it's not a good idea to put text at the bottom where the progress bar is constantly popping up and obscuring it.

I had just reviewed the You Tubes which went in with the various town Portas bids and personally I wouldn't have given any of them 100p never mind 100K!

Before I gave any reasons here's the Newbiggin one and there are plenty more from our area!

Public services and transport? Is that not a local council problem should talk to their local councillor or their Town Council to deal with that problem? yet again they say "we have been abandoned" yet they have had as i said before £3 million on a new Maritime Centre and another £10 Million on a "new" Beach talk about favoritism. Also they talk about business comming and going from Newbiggin, 3 Commercial Property up for sale in Newbiggin on Mike Rogerson Website compared to 5 In Bedlington, how many businesses have come and gone from Bedlington including the 3 Banks in the last 2 years compared with Newbiggin?

Yes the market palce was done up but it was a waste of money but apart from that and the shop fronts Bedlington has had no other money for anything how can anyone say it is right to spend more then £73,100,000.00 in wansbeck and Bedlington has not even seen a 10th of the money.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now