East Sleekburn Car Crash

I whent down and had a look, it was a right mess. Dibble has caught up with the driver now by all accounts. I would not be at all surprised if both those houses had to come down.( Terraced as well).

I don't think the houses will have to come down, the car mainly hit the window area that i have seen in the journals photos and not the support areas (the sides) so i think it will need to be proped up and the wall rebuilt maybe steel reinforcing put in as well.

I feel heartly sorry for the familys concerned it was a right mess, its not just the crash but the months of hassle trying to get it all sorted out I am just happy no one innocent got seriously hurt.........

Something similar happened to me 3am and some moron out of his head on drink and drugs drove his mates car in to mine the Police estimated his speed at over 60 mph both cars were write-offs, his was an old banger NOT insured mine was 6 months old, the insurance company took ages to get it all sorted, the low life got off as he was from a troubled background its about 10 years ago since it happened but It really makes me feel justice was done........ NOT........ I just hope justice IS done in this case.

The junction at the end of Brock Lane has been terrible for accidents in recent years. There's been several flower beds ploughed through as cars overshoot the tight bend at the top of the bank,

I've long thought the road through East Sleekburn to Cambois should be reopened to help the flow of traffic though the village. Many people in the village have said similar this week. I remember the council blocked the road off against a majority of the residents' wishes.

Edited by mobius
  • Like 1

The junction at the end of Brock Lane has been terrible for accidents in recent years. There's been several flower beds ploughed through as cars overshoot the tight bend at the top of the bank,

I've long thought the road through East Sleekburn to Cambois should be reopened to help the flow of traffic though the village. Many people in the village have said similar this week. I remember the council blocked the road off against a majority of the residents' wishes.

I was going to say the very same thing.

Cars over shoot the tight bend because they go to fast and THINK they can control a car... pushing it beyond ITS and THEIR capabilities with regards to the re-opening of the road I was,nt living here when the council closed , maybee some sort of trafic calming measures approaching the bend is the answer and a roundabout ?

Edited by Cyril

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now