Beat That

We've read about Keith being fortunate enough to see live coverage of the first Moon Landing in 1969 and we've heard of sightings of Elvis on a building site in Cramlington, there are even reports of Lord Lucan having a pint in the back room of the Blue Bell last Saturday night, but I actually saw a Council Roadsweeper operating on Hartford Road on Friday 24th August at 08.55 BST.! Can anybody beat that?

We've read about Keith being fortunate enough to see live coverage of the first Moon Landing in 1969 and we've heard of sightings of Elvis on a building site in Cramlington, there are even reports of Lord Lucan having a pint in the back room of the Blue Bell last Saturday night, but I actually saw a Council Roadsweeper operating on Hartford Road on Friday 24th August at 08.55 BST.! Can anybody beat that?

Not quite sure how to take that.

Without documented evidence, signed affidavits, video evidence and multiple sightings I don't believe you foxy!

Perchance someone was just getting back from his night out in Newcastle and hallucinated?

post-23-0-65694100-1346073432_thumb.jpg

I can Foxy, Elvis is working at the county council, saw him a little while ago.

Without documented evidence, signed affidavits, video evidence and multiple sightings I don't believe you foxy!

post-23-0-65694100-1346073432_thumb.jpg

It's true Malcolm,

it was sweeping the kerbside outside the Hartford Hall estate. I've just checked my bank account and the Council are still taking my money each month for the services which they are not providing. It's beggining to look like a rain forest where I live, I'm sure there must be a Solicitor somewhere out there who could do them for embezzlement on a no Win no Fee basis. :icecream:

Well it is a " Blue Moon " month after all

NOW HERE'S A FUNNY THING.

Where I live - down where the old Terrier pub used to be - we have been having power cuts every week. The latest one happened at approximately 1am-1.30am this morning. The house alarms went off et al. I know this because I had to go to the loo about that time and had to splash my boots in the dark. I did'nt phone the electric company because I thought they would automatically know - because street lights were off as well. When I phoned at 7.30am I was told the Elec' Company weren't made aware of the power cut until 6am - when a member of the public phoned them! They also said they NEVER KNOW unless someone reports a power cut / fault. So the moral of this story is - if your lights go out report it immediately because there are no flashing lights going off at the grid system. They are - if you excuse the pun - in the dark about your power cut. I'll know next time.

Edited by keith lockey

I had the same problem with the cuts Keith, they stopped as soon as I paid the Bill :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

WHAT! You mean I have to get an inside toilet and pay electric bills as well!!! I'll have to get the old mangle-printing press back out. Now is Queen Victoria still on the back of the pound notes?

Hope that's the News Post Leader Keef........

post-23-0-04549100-1347360367_thumb.jpg

No, the only newspaper any respectable person would use to wipe their nether regions has to be the Daily Mail. But talking of such, Malcolm, can you remember that horrid IZAL toilet paper they used to have at school. I remember it from the Whitley Memorial. It was like wiping your bum with grease-proof paper. UGH!

No, the only newspaper any respectable person would use to wipe their nether regions has to be the Daily Mail. But talking of such, Malcolm, can you remember that horrid IZAL toilet paper they used to have at school. I remember it from the Whitley Memorial. It was like wiping your bum with grease-proof paper. UGH!

No no no, you would use the news of the world, o wait :glare: its closed down now best use the sun :whistle:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now