Northumbrians Only!

Ms Hair

The school I work at is having a Northumbrian week. (At the end of this term so it's quite soon,) I was just wondering if there are any Northumbrians out there with skills that they could come into school and show/share? The type of things I'm hoping for are peopel who play traditional instruments from round here, people who can do traditional crafts, histiorians, etc

Private message me if you are interested, thanks!

No offence Ms Hair, but you've had this job two weeks and you're already trying to palm one of your lessons off on some simpleton who plays Northumbrian pipes or can recount some godawful folk song of long-forgotten mining disasters?

This country.

But Colonel,

Some of us never forget. And I actually like Owen Brannigan, especially singing Keep your feet still Geordie, hinney. And for really antagonising the marble mouths of the great smoke, there's always Dilston Hall!

And a Bah Humbug to you too, sir!

Keep it up Ms Hair, you and your kids are the last defence in the battle to stay pitmatic!

Joe

Guest missvic
No offence Ms Hair, but you've had this job two weeks and you're already trying to palm one of your lessons off on some simpleton who plays Northumbrian pipes or can recount some godawful folk song of long-forgotten mining disasters?

This country.

While the subject arises, can i take the opportunity to mention an evening of songs and poems from our rich mining heritage to commemorate the New Hartley mining disaster at New Hartley Memorial Hall, Friday night at 7.30. Tickets £3 and well worth it!

While the subject arises, can i take the opportunity to mention an evening of songs and poems from our rich minnig heritage to commemorate the New Hartley mining disaster at New Hartley Memorial Hall, Friday night at 7.30. Tickets £3 and well worth it!

-_--_--_-

The school I work at is having a Northumbrian week. (At the end of this term so it's quite soon,) I was just wondering if there are any Northumbrians out there with skills that they could come into school and show/share? The type of things I'm hoping for are peopel who play traditional instruments from round here, people who can do traditional crafts, histiorians, etc

Private message me if you are interested, thanks!

Read them some stuff from E Martins book on local history or ask for Mr Wood at St Benets, he's

a Northumbrian bag man

I was just wondering if there are any Northumbrians out there with skills that they could come into school and show/share? The type of things I'm hoping for are peopel who play traditional instruments from round here, people who can do traditional crafts, histiorians, etc

I no longer have any connection but you could try a local Folk Club. ?

But Colonel,

Some of us never forget. And I actually like Owen Brannigan, especially singing Keep your feet still Geordie, hinney. And for really antagonising the marble mouths of the great smoke, there's always Dilston Hall!

And a Bah Humbug to you too, sir!

Keep it up Ms Hair, you and your kids are the last defence in the battle to stay pitmatic!

Joe

Keep your feet still hinny is the song the whole school learns!

My class is doing Cushy Butterfield so any ideas about that would be useful!

CK - Why so negative man? I'm just trying to instill a sense of pride in their locality.

Thankyou Miss Vic, I think we have proggy ladies coming already but I know who to call if it falls through.

Cheers Swalnalla

-_--_--_-

Read them some stuff from E Martins book on local history or ask for Mr Wood at St Benets, he's

a Northumbrian bag man

He is a yorkshire man I thought! You'll know Ewok! (You can ask him for me if you like, only thing is it's during school time.)

CK - Why so negative man? I'm just trying to instill a sense of pride in their locality.

Thankyou Miss Vic, I think we have proggy ladies coming already but I know who to call if it falls through.

Cheers Swalnalla

He is a yorkshire man I thought! You'll know Ewok! (You can ask him for me if you like, only thing is it's during school time.)

She was a big lass and a bonny lass, Ah memories of school days, bring on the keelrow followed by Bobby Shaftoe

:D

Cheers Swalnalla

I believe that he is a former school teacher, so that shouldn't bother him!

The only thing about the kids learning "Cushy Butterfield" is that the PC brigade may object to the line "she's a big lass and a bonny lass, and she likes her beer".

Personally I think it lends a touch of local reality!

Press on,

Joe.

'Wor geordie's lost his liggy (penker)' is a must. :) Try a visit to the bagpipe museum in Morpeth, I agree with you on 'local pride'. As they say " if you don't know where you came then you don't know where you're going'.

More crap from Swalnalla....lol

'Wor geordie's lost his liggy (penker)' is a must. :) Try a visit to the bagpipe museum in Morpeth, I agree with you on 'local pride'. As they say " if you don't know where you came then you don't know where you're going'.

More crap from Swalnalla....lol

I agree wholeheartedly. If you ever forget where and who you came from, god knows where, and what state you will wind up in?

Regards,

Joe

My great-great grandfather Geordie Ridley wrote Cushy Butterfield. He also wrote The Blaydon Races, much loved by Newcastle United fans. What makes me laugh is that great-great grandaddy was a Macam.

You need to discover some of the new music in the hit parade these days.

Try Dickie Valentine for starters.

Dickie Valentine, Perry Como they are brill but I like Jimmy Shand he's the real biz, can't beat a good Jimmy Shand record on New Years Eve, 78 mind no CD's, he really gets your toes tappin man.

Dickie Valentine, Perry Como they are brill but I like Jimmy Shand he's the real biz, can't beat a good Jimmy Shand record on New Years Eve, 78 mind no CD's, he really gets your toes tappin man.

All a bit modern for me Pete.