Cost Of A Peerage?

It was bad enough the last Government stuffed itself full of unelected bods, especially those in cabinet offices; this one is going the same way even with TWO political parties to choose from……

John Nash the venture capitalist donates £300k to Tories, gets a life peerage, plays a major role in school Academies and is now given an education ministers job.

Another one, Lord Popat of Harrow has given about the same amount to Conservative Central Office and is ennobled the same.

So how much for a peerage…………………I wonder!!!!!!

Abolishing hereditary peers right to sit in the HoL was a good thing - it's by now (almost) totally clear who bought theirs, or was put there simply to get them out of the way! That said the HoL is a far more cost-effective way of keeping many hundreds of self-important drones who contribute zero to the GNP.

In fact if I was a hereditary I'd be pushing for a re-badging to distance my position from all the nouveau riche and political failures in the HoL. "Traditional Lord" would have some appeal. They missed a trick: the issue of classy "You can't buy me I'm a REAL aristocrat!" badges would have been ample consideration for the loss of the privilege. Of course there's the alternative of the compulsory wearing of "Dave fixed it for me!" or "I fixed it for myself!" badges to permit entry. :D

"Labour is now the biggest party in the Lords" -- oh well, in addition to stuffing the electorate out with leftie-voting immigrants Tony has stuffed the HoL out too! :( So, the present lot have no option but to continue the farce.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now