Water Water Everywhere....

How come everywhere else seems to be getting significant investment, Ashington £20M, Blyth another £650,000 plus millions already spent, Cramlington must run into millions new Cinema and a shopping park and Morpeth of course seems to be in constant development.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2013/01/10/blyth-bus-station-and-library-area-to-get-650-000-facelift-61634-32581659/

Hello anyone there........

Bedlington calling!!!!!

• Like 1

Only one thing for it, we declare independence from every official body currently governing us!

Passport to Pimlico.........Passport to Bedlington more like, man the barricades and impose strict passport controls!

Good idea, and when we eventually get Hartford Hall gates back we can reposition them across the road as toll gates (Blazing Saddles style)

We, the slack jawed, banjo playing yokels of a backwater shire in the South (east Northumberland) will pick up our pitchforks and rebel . REBEL !!! I tell ya'll REBEL !!!!!

Edited by keith

See that Water Water everywhere is ID'd as posted by Paul Mann - me. Not the case. Can't see how to contact the moderators so hopefully they'll pick this up.

It says "Started by Malcolm Robinson, 23 Jan 2013" under the title. The reason your handle appeared in the right column on the forum index is that you made the last post on the thread - an honour now happily accepted by me! :D

To contact a moderator you simply hit the "Report" link at the bottom of every post.

well spotted that man !!!

I agree Paul, people look back with fond memories of the pits. They are part of our heritage and have played a huge part in shaping the communities, they're gone, full stop,period. Nothing lasts forever. Bedlington is a much cleaner, prettier place without them. I for one would not like to return to the days when the skyline was dominated by a mountain of pit waste and there was a taste of soot and sulphur in the air, the gold old days weren't as rosy as people painted them. As they say " Nostalgia is not what it used to be "

Water water everywhere.

Anyone noticed the graveyard water, just down from Westridge.

Gravestones floating.

Anything to do with the new houses!

Have the developers put in the right drainage.

Will they compensate when the old houses flood.

The problem is the drains are pre 1930's and can't deal with the ammount of waste going down them from all the houses built from the 30's onwards also the drains will most likely be blocked which will not be helping the problem any.

Old mine working can also be a problem.

Subsidence, old shafts etc.

Sometimes no one knows they are there!

Water water everywhere is a good topic, even though it was not meant literally.

But there are no old mine workings in that area according to the Coal Authority, also flooding would not be caused by them because there level is watched by the Coal Authority also it would be brown water, I doubt it is old mine workings to blame, over development, no replacement of old services and general lack of maintenance are most likely to blame.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now