The Lion Garage

I DO HOPE IT ISN'T AS WE SURELY NEED A DECENT GARAGE IN BEDLINGTON. WE HAVEN'T GOT MUCH ELSE. NO DECENT SHOPS JUST SMALL OUTLETS OF SUPERMARKETS LIKE MORRISONS AND TESCOS. NOT MUCH CHOICE IT IS ALL WE ARE GOOD FOR. PROMISED LOADS BUT NOTHING MATERIALIZES.

It would be great if our main street was thriving.

Shops that people could browse, a place like Morpeth that people wanted to drive a distance to shop.

We have a wide main street that is unusual and an asset.

We have a history that is exceptional.

We have amazing walks.

Let us hope things change before it is to late.

It would be great if our main street was thriving.

Shops that people could browse, a place like Morpeth that people wanted to drive a distance to shop.

We have a wide main street that is unusual and an asset.

We have a history that is exceptional.

We have amazing walks.

Let us hope things change before it is to late.

The only problem is that it's not like a high street with shops on both sides like our neighbouring towns so it means the shops that are on the one side need to be up to scratch and alot are not.

Cue the council and landlords debate again.

Bedders needs a Waitrose ... folks would come from miles around. Waitrose would be an 'anchor store' attracting other worthy retailers and various top-notch refreshment outlets. The prices would ensure the shell suit hordes didn't infest the place resulting in a rather pleasant shopping experience for the visiting 'county set'. All could be centralised around the Market Place with Waitrose built on that empty patch at the back; obviously all those bland buildings would have to go and be replaced with nice bijou establishments. Just imagine the scene - smart couples clad in expensive designer gear promenading up and down Front Street, quaffing their cappuccinos in some pavement cafe, loading their quality groceries into their Range Rovers before heading home to their Georgian piles 'up country'. Tons of dosh being spent and plenty of work for the villagers. You know it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Walking down the Main Street and people talking to each other.

Everyone friendly new and old alike.

Okay not all the time but there are not many places you can break down in the car and before the AA arrive someone has phoned a relative got them out of the bath and they are there to help first.

Yep it is good place to live.

Such a shame the Internet security issue means we cannot share names etc.

Not the Bedlington of old.

Instead of meeting on the ledge we will just have to meet at the Red Lion.

Maggie Tate, if you want to know who people are without 'exposing them' on the net you can send them a message. I'm pretty sure most know who I am by now!!

Such a shame the Internet security issue means we cannot share names etc.

Explore the black bar at the top of every Forum page. In particular click on the drop-down arrow beside your handle (pen-name) and try out the Manage Friends and the Personal Messaging links. You can also click on a member's name or icon (above and left on their posts), and hit their [send me a message] button.

How safe is the personal message!

All these programmes, dramas etc mean we all become a little insecure.

Just today radio television have all run items on computer Internet safety

If people can hack into the banks and government websites what hope is there!

Bring back the old days.

Then we can be safe with people knowing our mothers maiden name and our date of birth.

My point is Bedlington has always been a place where you could share and be happy in the connections that make life good.

It is all sad the way life is now and I fear for the next generation.

Name and location hint is all that is needed to find out tons of stuff about a person.

Maggie, within 1 hour the following could be obtained:

Address & phone number

D.O.B

Mother's maiden name

National Insurance Number

ALL banking, store card and credit card accounts held

Mortgage details

Property info

Company returns and Directors information

+ lots of other stuff

and all that done from a chair ... no scratching about in bins.

Care to challenge me anyone?

Maggie wrote: "Maybe we need to have a topic how to disappear. And never be found."

That's what the Metcops did after creating false IDs to squirm their way into various protest groups, having long-term relationships with a number of women, then vanishing. Bastards!!!

Read about Jack Reacher's technique for not being tracked down.

Maggie,

We were all going to meet once last year, when Brian was across from Aussie, but Keef1 heard he might have to get a round in so he pulled the meet!

Most of that is true……

I thought you may keep that to yourself Mal ...I was there with my son but did not meet up with any1 next time 4sure

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now