Help Dating This One? (Needs Car Expert)

threegee

Here's another clue Threegee, this one was taken on the same day and that illegally parked 1987 Ford Orion in the foreground was mine so I know it was (E reg)

By the way,

Before Ganny Robinson gets on the case, no I don't park there now I've got a Chauffeur!!

Edited by foxy

Here's another clue Threegee, this one was taken on the same day and that illegally parked 1987 Ford Orion in the foreground was mine so I know it was (E reg)

By the way,

Before Ganny Robinson gets on the case, no I don't park there now I've got a Chauffeur!!

When was the 'budge' boarded up? That might give you a starting date. That and the Sunlight shop.

I would say about 92-93........Barrys Fresh Fish shop didn't last that long.

OK so I'm wrong and it's not 1985, it's my later date. Didn't spot the 'H' reggie outside Elliotts - which is Aug 1990 - July 1991. That has to be a brand new car because petrol averaged £2.28 gall in 1991 and only averaged £2.13 in 1990, and was moving up rapidly then. The per gall price that's mostly obscured is £1.99 (from the price per litre conversion). Then there's the Christmas lights. So it's late in 1990 - approaching Christmas. :)

Does 3ggg know where this happened? Not when.

I seem to remember something about a WWI bomb crater up North Ridge way.

The date is difficult, but I'd cast a wild guess at 14th April 1915! ;)

By the way,

It was a Sunday and it is quite possible that it may of been raining

Make that a bit further out of town - Westridge. I searched on that tome of all information Bedlington.co.uk! :D There is indicated the night of the 14/15th April, which is more precise than the photo!

On the WWII brickworks raid: This was likely the time my Aunt - a nurse - was on the train passing along the line there. A guy in military in uniform - I forget which service - jumped out of his seat opposite, grabbed her, threw her to the floor of the carriage, and got on top of her. She thought she was being attacked by him until it became evident that the train was being targeted.

Just updated the comment on the original Elliott's photo anyway!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now