Bliddy Freezing!

Just thought I would give an unofficial weather warning for all my fellow Bedlingtonions*.

BBC predict temeperatures as low as -6 in the early hours off tomorrow morning for NE22.

Good luck to any other poor sods who have to chisel away at their cars in the morning and then face the prospect of a fourty mile round trip to work like yours truly.

In all seriousness wrap up warm tonight!

*(except for joe. I assume -6 is a warm day round your way!)

Just thought I would give an unofficial weather warning for all my fellow Bedlingtonions*.

BBC predict temeperatures as low as -6 in the early hours off tomorrow morning for NE22.

Good luck to any other poor sods who have to chisel away at their cars in the morning and then face the prospect of a fourty mile round trip to work like yours truly.

In all seriousness wrap up warm tonight!

*(except for joe. I assume -6 is a warm day round your way!)

The usual, -17 overnight, warming to -12 this afternoon. Yesterday Winnipeg had a record -42 C. Now thats cold!

Joe

My nephew made £40 this morning charging £4 a car to start them up and de-ice them.

Lovely and toastie for when your cuppas finished, and the little git is on more a day than i am!

i believe a few more people are enlisting his service tomorrow morning, just the de-ice of windows, and he's recruiting his friends to give him a hand!

what an entrepreneur...

My nephew made £40 this morning charging £4 a car to start them up and de-ice them.

Lovely and toastie for when your cuppas finished, and the little git is on more a day than i am!

i believe a few more people are enlisting his service tomorrow morning, just the de-ice of windows, and he's recruiting his friends to give him a hand!

what an entrepreneur...

good idea that :)

"The usual, -17 overnight, warming to -12 this afternoon. Yesterday Winnipeg had a record -42 C. Now thats cold!"

And I bet the whole nation hasnt ground to a halt like the great British empire seems to have done in the last 24 hours with three inches of snow.

I have relatives in Germany and they just put the tank treads on their vehicles and get on with it.

I bet its the same in your neck of the woods, Joe!

"The usual, -17 overnight, warming to -12 this afternoon. Yesterday Winnipeg had a record -42 C. Now thats cold!"

And I bet the whole nation hasnt ground to a halt like the great British empire seems to have done in the last 24 hours with three inches of snow.

I have relatives in Germany and they just put the tank treads on their vehicles and get on with it.

I bet its the same in your neck of the woods, Joe!

No, we complain a lot about it, but we just make sure that we have snow, or all weather tires, and get on with it.

The only exception to that is Vancouver. I lived there in the seventies, and the first time that they had six inches of snow, the city literally came to a crawl. It was like that for two days until the Army came in from Chilliwack and cleared the main roads. The province does have snow removal equipment, bu it is mainly for the highways, especially the Trans Canada. Since Vancouver's weather is usually mild, and they don't get any great amount of measurable snow, I don't believe that they have the amount of equipment that

all other Canadian towns and cities would have!

Joe.

PS. Temperature overnight was -19C, and it will warm up to -15C. But most of North America is in a huge Arctic air mass, so everyone is feeling the cold.

Guest missvic
1074.gif

Swalnalla, your little smilies always look so sinister! Alongside your dark and menacing picture, I think that secretly you are perhaps Treguard the Dungeonmaster from TV show Knightmare? Could it be that Bedlington boasts more celebrity the Ms Middlemass?

Hope the 'snow' is not causing too much inconvenience to you all

Swalnalla, your little smilies always look so sinister! Alongside your dark and menacing picture, I think that secretly you are perhaps Treguard the Dungeonmaster from TV show Knightmare? Could it be that Bedlington boasts more celebrity the Ms Middlemass?

No I doubt that........

Popular for winning "celebrity shag fest" & getting her man-pleasers out in the Sun

but isn't she from Essex?

snow? what snow?

i love the snow me, it brings out my boyish side, where i like to play in my car in the car parks of bedlington.

unfortunately, now i drive a people carrier, this is no longer as much fun as it used to be... oh well, time to grow up i suppose...

(que a dig at the M T carpark...)

Swalnalla, your little smilies always look so sinister! Alongside your dark and menacing picture, I think that secretly you are perhaps Treguard the Dungeonmaster from TV show Knightmare?

Sounds like the macho sh*** my son was interested in 20 years ago. :blink:

what an entrepreneur...

That lad will go places