Wansbeck Council

Monsta®

Keep suckling at Denzel's teat to progress further sir

Denzel who? haha

I was only messing ... seriously though I think your correct about the transient part being a reason

not a great deal of money is spent on anything within Bedlington. That made it a prime candidate for

the cop shop and court.

Does anyone remember the attempted rally track they 'Built' where the cop shop is now. It was around about 1985-86. what a joke

They got a couple of diggers to push some earth about and make a bumpy track for kids to ride their BMXs on... not many bothered because it was crap. I think they quoted that expensive venture as the reason for not building anything else.. ever!!... " Well we built that track for them and the fashion changed no one used it 2 months after it was up .. kids.. they dont know what thay want..." I wanted a swimming pool ... 15 years later and we got a cop shop and court.. BORING

Keep suckling at Denzel's teat to progress further sir

Denzel who? haha

I was only messing ... seriously though I think your correct about the transient part being a reason

not a great deal of money is spent on anything within Bedlington. That made it a prime candidate for

the cop shop and court.

Does anyone remember the attempted rally track they 'Built' where the cop shop is now. It was around about 1985-86. what a joke

They got a couple of diggers to push some earth about and make a bumpy track for kids to ride their BMXs on... not many bothered because it was crap. I think they quoted that expensive venture as the reason for not building anything else.. ever!!... " Well we built that track for them and the fashion changed no one used it 2 months after it was up .. kids.. they dont know what thay want..." I wanted a swimming pool ... 15 years later and we got a cop shop and court.. BORING

You knows it B)

Guest missvic

While I had the misfortune of needing to visit Bedlington's council offices last week (£17.50 for them to take away some rubbish for my 87 year old grandad) I was appalled by the number of posters advertising these benefit things to all and sundry... they're giving away free money! And then there were people who couldn't be bothered to wash filling in forms to get this free money. And their children (who had children of their own)... All claiming the free money. In the background played a video professionally made and 'starring' the footballing chap Charlton. J, telling us all how the 'cooncil' is going to put £80m into new housing in the district... houses for the great unwashed who surrounded me. Is that where our swimming pool has really gone? Although the courts and police seem to serve no purpose whatsoever at the best of times for the people in this town, at least they are of more use than the 'beneficiaries' of the council offices last week.

Mind, on the other hand, I don't really want a swimming pool all that much. I would imagine that half the town would get in for free and use it as a place to bathe. :unsure:

has just been in newspaper about golf course, it is still council owned, they on about getting rid of it and selling the community centre to make way for better things, so they say anyway

£500k and it's yours.