==================================

Poll: Farage v Clegg

Who Won The Second Debate On Europe?

92.7% Nigel Farage
7.3% Nick Clegg
Thanks for your vote

==================================

http://www.lbc.co.uk/vote-now-who-won-clegg-or-farage-88311#poll-result-298

Somehow I think Milipede and Cameron are going to come up with any excuse to avoid any form of public debate with UKIP.

Clegg did a tad better in the first debate as then he played it straight.  Tonight he was quite transparently adopting carefully rehearsed tactics which didn't look at all genuine to anyone, let alone to the undecided.  The result was he parted company with a lot of people who just might have bought his basic pro-EU message.  In fact there were times he looked like an overgrown schoolboy who'd been caught out in a lie. The "Sitting Bull" thing fell completely flat. Whoever at LD central who came up with that juvenile stunt should be shown the door!  Fit for the House of Commons maybe, but the British public were far more bemused at the behaviour of their Deputy PM than amused.  Anyone who didn't know would surely have guessed that Farage was the deputy PM, and Clegg was the rank outsider.  His days as LD leader must now be numbered!

It's interesting that a full third of all declared LD voters polled thought Farage won.  So, just when Clegg had calculated that he had nothing to lose - he did, and badly!

Its amazing how time after time miscalculations have more effect on national policy than any predetermined efforts.  

I think Clegg is a miscalculation.

However looking right at the end Nigel did seem to play the subservient role, to me anyway, when he sidled up to Clegg and then Dimblby for a handshake.    

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now