Humanity?

It's interesting; had I seen the person go down I would certainly stop to help; If I walked past someone lying on a busy street like that I would likely assume they were drunk. However, I like to think I would still stop to see if they were OK.

A number of years ago a girl collapsed at the bus stop just  as the bus was pulling up. I stopped to help her, despite the bus driver's insistence 'are you getting on or not?', called an ambulance for her, rang her father, the only number I could find, and waited with her to make sure she was OK (she was, she's still round also and a very nice lass). I was astonished that the others at the stop - two mature adults, one a woman - got on the bus. Is getting to work really that important when someone is in quite obvious trouble? When I explained my late arrival it was, of course, fully understood. What's a few minutes to help someone out?

I remember about a year ago an old woman was standing at the market place bus stop and lost her footing, I rushed to help her and so did the people in the hairdressers behind it, they walked her into the hairdressers and gave her a cup of tea and made sure she was fine, but i counted at least 5 people who walked by as if nothing happened.

On another case I was driving down green lane in Ashington and a car had went into the dike on the sharp left turn and I just passed in the car and never thought till I got home "Was everyone ok?" I regret not stopping to check. That is why I now carry a high viz bomber jacket, a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in the car and will stop next time I see anything like that.

. I stopped to help her, despite the bus driver's insistence 'are you getting on or not?', called an ambulance for her, rang her father, the only number I could find, and waited with her to make sure she was OK (she was, she's still round also and a very nice lass).

You need to be a bit more wary next time Merc, a similar thing happened to me quite a while ago and now forty years down the line,

I'm still stuck with her! :devil:

If I saw someone fall down I would help; If I saw someone lying on the ground I would phone the authorities. To me that is common sense and decency. But we live in a society where a majority of people look after themselves and it's easier to draw the curtains and shut the world out or pretend they didnt see it. In the long run you've got to thing "What if it was me or a loved one that fell down?"

I remember about a year ago an old woman was standing at the market place bus stop and lost her footing, I rushed to help her and so did the people in the hairdressers behind it, they walked her into the hairdressers and gave her a cup of tea and made sure she was fine, but i counted at least 5 people who walked by as if nothing happened.

On another case I was driving down green lane in Ashington and a car had went into the dike on the sharp left turn and I just passed in the car and never thought till I got home "Was everyone ok?" I regret not stopping to check. That is why I now carry a high viz bomber jacket, a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in the car and will stop next time I see anything like that.

Adam,

If its me in the dyke and you think  I need the Kiss of Life.............Thanks but :|                                                                                                  

Adam,

If its me in the dyke and you think  I need the Kiss of Life.............Thanks but :|                                                                                                  

Knowing you foxy you would be hoping a nice lady would come and give you the kiss of life :lol: .

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now