The Orwellian Dystopia That Is The Bbc

Once worthy of respect it seems the BBC has had its day!  I won't catalogue recent history here, but after the anti-UKIP antics in the newsroom - and more particularly how it was (mis)handled - I'm rapidly losing all respect for the whole concept of a state-sponsored broadcaster.  People from within are distancing themselves from the liberal lunacy, but no one is able to offer solutions. Jeremy Paxman hasn't chosen his exit a moment too late. The London-liberal-elites are doing for the Beeb exactly what they've done for politics; they are treating their audiences with the same disdain and contempt.

For what it's worth here's today's episode of PC lunacy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10854915/BBC-in-censorship-row-after-the-word-girl-is-cut-from-documentary.html

My solution: move the whole thing lock stock and barrel organ as far away from London as possible, and simply leave a tiny news gathering crew in the capital.  The North East would be the best place; here they'd have to rub shoulders with real people; see the country they were actually broadcasting to, and not a city that is no longer recognisable as part of our country.  The Nation would save the huge London Premium on its TV licence, and feel a lot more comfortable about being told what to think. Salford?  A cosmetic exercise that's only tinkering at the edges of the principal problem.

The rise of Al Jazeera on the world stage is not a little unconnected I think.  The mouthpiece of a dictator in Qatar is becoming more respected than the BBC's tainted output!

So, I think the BBC needs a new motto.  No longer Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation.  How about the more contemporary Liberals Shall Speak PC Unto Provincial Barbarians?

-------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If anyone thinks this is simply my lunatic ravings, there is a whole forum on the subject here, with more examples than any normal person could possibly wade through:  http://biasedbbc.proboards.com/  I sort of suspect that many of the posters are disgusted BBC insiders.

I think journalist standards all but disappeared many years ago!

Couldn't believe the financial crisis coverage.    Literally!   

Not that surprising when a so called celebrity on a diet/off a diet/never dieting gets more column inches than the potential start of another world war in various geographical places.     

Now you know why I got rid of the goggle box three years ago. The media has / have been manipulated by the government from the day the word propaganda was coined. It is mind-blowing how one country sees one event whilst another country sees it in another light. The media tells you what it wants you to believe. There are very few cases, I believe, where a journalist or reporter, can tell you the story the way it happens. If you don't believe me or you believe this as a lunatic rant, then recall the missing Malaysian airplane. It literally disappeared of the news bulletins. The public are fast becoming sheeple, not people.

I tend to watch more RT and Al Jazeera than BBC news. You tend to gut a less biased opinion of events.

They also had alot of coverage of the matters going on in Ukraine which seemed to be forgotten about over here. Follow RT on twitter too as they have some good technology and science articles.

• 2 weeks later...

How could I have missed the obvious one - Global Warming. I wonder how many people and 'green' companies became rich on the back of that nice little scam of an earner.

On which matters this link makes an interesting read:  http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=88339

On the Akademik Shokalskiy (stuck ship) thing.. at the time I wondered why all these obviously quite wealthy - but from the pictures clearly rather silly - people, had gone for a jolly in the Antarctic.  Well goodness me, it turned out the Beeb was only protecting us from the facts which our tiny, non-liberal, non-PC brains, couldn't possibly absorb.  (Read down on the above link).  When hard facts get suppressed because they don't fit in to someone's model of how the World should be, then science goes out of the window, and dictatorship is banging on the front door.

I've recently concluded that it's a total waste of time reading any of the comments on bbc.co.uk web items, because - apart from the complaints about censorship - what's there is carefully cherry-picked to represent the Beeb's view of the World.  I've seen something somewhere about how the public participation audiences are filtered - to avoid anything un-broadcastable you understand.  It's all about giving an illusion of free and open discussion, whilst keeping things within carefully pre-selected limits.  Not too different to broadcasting in China I feel.

So... you are a lefty BBC producer; you hate your country, its past, and everything it stands for.  You are on a crusade for social change, and to "mould minds" - particularly young ones.  What would you do?

The country's history is a good target.  The military?  Oh, throw in the royals for good measure.  Let's mock them!  Let's commission a "comedian" who has a record of this.  One who has no record of writing anything even mildly comedic for radio, but has a record of causing insult to the Queen.  We'll dress this sick "comedy" up as being "experimental" and innovative.  But, here's the master-stroke: we'll wait for an occasion when it will have maximum impact.  We'll wait for a time when all the people we so hate have their minds on the very sacrifice and selfless effort we are about to mock.  D-Day remembrance - yes that's it!  Miliband senior would be proud!

An altogether new low for 21st Century BBC!  Will heads roll?  Probably not; with a dumb apathetic public they get away with it all the time these days.  Social engineering at its most finessed.

( It's still on iPlayer if you are interested enough.  I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence by providing a link. )

More on the BBC colouring the news to suit their lefty-liberal agenda:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-liddle/2014/05/farzana-iqbal-was-murdered-by-muslims-applying-sharia-why-does-the-bbc-not-report-these-facts/

We pay for this service, we shouldn't tolerate this overt censorship!  It's all part of the disdain the London-based elites hold the rest of the UK in.  I no longer think the BBC capable of reform; the licence fee should be abolished by any government worthy of a single provincial vote.  Wise up people, we are being taken for fools - not just by the London-based politicos either!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now