Politicans' Aversion To The Truth

So what exactly did Lord Oakeshott do to bring on such condemnation from the LDs and force his resignation?  Well, it seems he used his own money to discover the truth!  In LD World the truth is to be avoided at all costs.  Not just the truth on how the electorate perceives their leader, but on how their insane path towards a European superstate is panning out.  Ask them if they were dead wrong to push for an entry into the EMU and you'll get evasion.  Most will grudgingly admit that the EMU entry they pressed for in the ten years prior to 2009 would have crippled our economy, but any suggestion that they are even more mistaken in their headlong quest towards a federal Europe will be dismissed - opponents are simply Little Englanders

You could write a thick book about LD skills at burying the truth, but here's just one example I recently came across. It concerns the LD MEP for North West England, Chris Davies:

In 2008, Davies made some widely publicised comments on an unpublished report which, he claimed, contained evidence of "embezzlement and fraud" among EU parliament members.[2]

At the autumn 2009 Liberal Democrat conference in Bournemouth, Davies made a speech in a debate about the MP expenses scandal, where he appeared to become very angry, exclaiming "I hate, I hate the dirty cheating bastards who have taken every opportunity to fill their private pockets with public money.. .. they should play no part in public life". He went on the implore his Liberal Democrat colleagues to "Publish everything, reveal all, hide nothing..".

So did the LDs "Publish everything, reveal all, hide nothing.." about their chummies in Euroland?  I refer you to my three opening sentences.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now