Are You "fit" To Be A British Citizen?

threegee

Exactly right, I have seen him live and he blew me away. I have waited 30 years for someone like him to turn up, and you're right about the Zepp/Cream influence. I read all about him and he cut his teeth on that music from the age of 7. He was so good from an early age, BB King went to see him in upstate New York and promptly offered him a residency in his New York club......at the age of 12.

I played that sort of stuff myself in a group in the 60's early 70's, so you can imagine the sheer pleasure when he came along after so many years of inferior wannabe bands. If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by willy j.

Fantastic, you are lucky to have seen them live.

Do you remember the 'package tours' that used to come to the City Hall? You could see Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Move, The Nice, Family, all ably supported by Stone The Crows. An unknown band from Scotland that contained Maggie Bell and Bryan Adams.

These concerts were common and we were so young, we bloody well didn't realise how timeless they were. That would be a good topic to post wouldn't it, Lots of memories for the guys to wax lyrical about. Especially Foxy........he's the expert on those gig's.

Will look that one up on Youtube, she is still a star to this day. Went up to Glasgow a while back with the Fox to see her, she was brilliant. She's a credit to the Blues. I still think the music (the good stuff that is) from that time still stands up well today.

There is a number we used to do, it's an instrumental by the Nice, it's called Rhondo, if you ever get the chance to hear it just sit back and close your eyes, I guarantee you will be breathing quite heavily by the time it finishes. Keith Emmerson also did it when he formed ELP, but I think he did it better on the Nice version.

Here's another one to throw into the mix..........How much does anyone remember about 'The Domino'?

By it' great talking to you lot. 

Keith, looked at that youtube site, wow, looks like a tribute page to Maggie Bell. Hazell was great to hear again, strange how you forget how good these things sounded. Will certainly be back there to hear a lot more. A treat for me to hear 'Stone The Crows' again, they were very good in their day, the epitome of the progressive bands.

More of them: Nice, Family, Coliseum, Tull, Vanilla Fudge, Purple, Cream, Floyd, Hendrix and many more, but you can see where I'm going with this. real music from real musicians. Not a 'Boy Band' in sight. AAH, but it was heaven for me.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now