Ed and the Labour Supporter at BAE

threegee

Peter Baldwin: "At this moment in time I don't feel like voting Labour."

Ed Miliband: "What's the biggest issue for you?"

Baldwin: "This morning we were sat in the brewery over there [for workers]. They're all leaning now towards Ukip. ... Now, the question on everybody's mind is the referendum. I know what you're going to say, but the working class man in here wants to have a say."

Miliband: "People say immigration is the big issue for lots of people as well, isn't it?"

Baldwin: "Yeah, it's all tied together isn't it."

Miliband: "On immigration what we'd say is that when people come here they shouldn't get benefits for the first few years and then we should ensure that we don't allow wages to be undercut."

Baldwin: "But there's too many people here. That's why we've got all these people out of work. There's too many people here."

Miliband: "But I think we can actually get low skilled immigration down if we cramp down on the benefits and stop the employers exploiting people. Part of the problem we've got - obviously not companies like BAE but other companies - what you end up with is workers being paid less than the minimum wage, you know, 15 people put in a house and all of that and people say: 'Well, hang on a minute, that can't be right, we've got to do something about that.' Anyway, very nice to meet you. Take care."

In fact Ed is in total denial that the present problems are a direct result of both our EU membership, and the Blair/Brown open-door social engineering!

There's even a secret 33 page document instructing Labour candidates on how to NOT to answer those awkward questions.

labour-doc_3138174c.jpg

An uncanny resemblance to Gordon Brown's Gillian Duffy moment:

GD: But how are you going to get us out of all this debt, Gordon?

GB: We've got a deficit reduction plan, cut the debt by half over the next four years, we've got the plans that have been set out to do it - look, I was the person who came in and said...

GD: You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying you're, but all these eastern Europeans coming in, where are they flocking from?

GB: A million people come in from Europe, but a million British people have gone into Europe, you do know there's a lot of British people staying in Europe as well. [A deceit, as he well knew these were virtually all retired Brits contributing to the local economy - producing local jobs not occupying them!]

GB: It's been very good to meet you. And you're wearing the right colour today! (Laughter) How many grandchildren do you have?

GD: Two.

GB: Good. And it's very nice to see you, take care.

[GB departs, Gordon enters car]

GD: Thanks take care. Good to see you all. Thanks very much.

========================

[in car]

GB: That was a disaster. Should never have put me with that woman. Whose idea was that?

Unknown male: I don't know, I didn't see.

GB: Sue's, I think. Just ridiculous.

Unknown male: Not sure if they'll go with that one.

GB: They will go with it.

Unknown male: What did she say?

GB: Everything. She's just this sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be a Labour voter… Ridiculous.

So, nothing has changed in five years. And nothing will change in the next five if people are fooled into the belief that being concerned about your country (and where it is headed) makes you a bigot!  The true bigots are the people in Westminster who simply refuse to face up to the issues!

Malc has since posted the BAE video on another thread.

From the horse's mouth about the 33 page strategy document:

A Labour MP who received the pack but asked not to be named said: "We are trying to massage the relationship between us and the electorate in the hope that they won't notice that we've been weak in this area. It is just a sad state of affair."

He's talking about immigration, but real elephant in Labour's room is the EU.  Their calculated bet is that ordinary people don't realise the implications, the drain on our resources, and the way it severly limits any government's freedom to act in our best interests.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now