We're in the news again.....

Heh heh!

I don't think the teaching is at fault,if x-boxes were made illegal, and compulsory confiscation was implemented,or maybe put up as a prize for

better exam results from pupils,we might see a difference!!!

With regards to poor standards of grammar,punctuation,etc,at 70 years old,I often get a Windows pop-up saying .."oops it appears you are using too much

punctuation....blaa   blaa....." [you all know the score.......!!]

To which I say to myself,[to whoever programmed these things in Silicon Valley],"Go to hell!,I'm using the correct punctuation,in context!,and don't tell me how to speak English!..[cos aa taak proppa inglish,a divvint taak queeor like thi dae owa tutha side of thi worrrld.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

We were supposed to have evolved from Apes.....in a hundred years time,we will have evolved with no fingers....only

two thumbs.....our fingers will have gradually ceased to be useful!

Wilma, one thing that really annoys me about this site (and others, before the floodgates open) is that it requests that I use American English on many occasions.

I read the report on the school, and find it rather curious. I'm not deeply involved but I have a niece there and she's doing just fine. Of course, improvement should always be sought, but from talking to parents of children at the school I must say a good few of them are rather baffled by such a damning report.

It could well be that the Inspectors are failed teachers.

I have never understood how schools have got to do better year on year.

How soon until there is nowhere higher to go and the only way is down.

There are so many factors that seem irrelevant.

Has anyone considered that the Ofsted inspectors might be correct. A strong organisation doesn't become all defensive when criticised but buckles down and puts things right.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now