Clarkson-gate

threegee

Well... someone had to mention it!  No, we'll not do a bring-back-Clarky poll it's already way overdone, and the result is a foregone conclusion.

The dilemma for the guardianista riddled BBC is that they need the mungy. They need the audiences to justify their eternal empire building and their constant forays into many areas best done by commercial organisations. They want TG without Clarkson, but TG IS Clarkson!

The BBC's true colours were exposed by the unattributed (but semi-official) leak that compared Clarkson to Savile.  Yes, a large section of the leftie-luvvies want Clarkson to be exposed as a serial offender who should have been "outed" decades ago. He's actually an offender against their carefully nurtured left-wing delusions, and the whole ethos of twenty first century Beeb. But, he's at liberty and they know he holds all the cards - by their very own standards they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Of course it's THEIR standards that are wrong, but even backed into a corner they'll never admit to that.  The result can only be a lame attempt at a face-saving fudge from a once great organisation in rapid and terminal decline. That's the same pattern of terminal decline that the UK will face if their soul mates get into government!

It's a complete non-story that's been made into a story when it should have been dealt with in private. Like him or not, he's an entertainer, and a good one.

Agreed, but it's the way things are done in Dave's brave new world.

They are going to sack him later today, and aim to replace him with Chris Evans.  Only real question is will the turbo twins follow him out the door?

The phone will be ringing right now -  Netflix, ITV, Sky?  Probably the lot, and more.  The title of the new show might incorporate the letter 'V'. ;)

I think it has more to do with the BBC covering its back in the wake of the Savile controversy than the Tory party, to be honest. Auntie has to be seen to be squeaky clean these days or trouble will follow.

A pity, really, as a little light controversy is good for ratings.

thinks :whistle:....a definite  'non story'  .. or do I smell a conspiracy to boost the BBC ?? Clarkson's mother stuffed Paddington Bear, his great granddad invented the Kilner jar, his wife's father got a VC, all things that should be brought into disrepute these days!!! and to make matters worse .... is there anything in the fact that Cowpen Crem went on fire and now Morton Hall in Edinburgh...both major centres disabled that serve the north east and will cause endless heartache to all relatives who have suffered a loss. Can we blame the BBC for that as a distraction ??? I suspect a greater plan probably related to the election...... (oops forgot to add --and the spurious reasons we should LEGALLY have to pay a licence fee??)

(the voices made me type that)

Edited by pilgrim

Wonder if the BBC are remaking this for Clarkson?

LOL!   If you can remember it was ITV and not the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

Interesting that many of those politicos got nowhere, and many are even now hard to identify.  An ageing Heseltine though is still spouting his Europhile nonsense, with ever less people giving him any credibility.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-02-11/spitting-image-team-reunite-for-spin-off/

I think they can save their money on the Cleggie clone: by the time they launch he'll likely be ancient history.

I always enjoyed Clarkson on the telly, especially his take on the Frogs/Jockos/Barbarbotherers.  However, there is no place for bullying and/or assault, especially in the workplace ... he had to go.  Nothing to do with political correctness at the Beeb.

Edited by Symptoms

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now