I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud...

Guest missvic

Hold the phone....

reported? for what?

last time i looked in the highway code their is no law that states you cannot stop in the middle of a public road to take pictures, finnish a sneezing fit, picking up a dropped cigarette, removing the dead cat he just hit (instead of driving off(see seperate post :D )) etc.

On an urban clearway yes, but the section of road refered to, last time i drove down it, is not a clearway, therefore 'stopping' is allowed. i also did not notice the double yellow lines painted along there, which could also have made this an offence.

However, and this is my point, am i right in assuming that driving without due care and attention IS an offence? and that the modern test includes a 'hazard perception' section covering just such instances?

Their is also the question of inciting violence. i refer to the vulgar remarks lady muk refers to in her post. i believe this is commonly known as 'Road Rage'

In my opinion, if someone nearly lost control of their vehicle because a car was stopped in the middle of their lane, i would be much more concerned about the driver who lost control, rather than the driver who had stopped his vehicle for whatever reason.

Post Partum Road Rage???

Joe

But then again, i was not there, and i did not see the actual curcumstances, so i will refrain from damning someone on 3rd hand stories...

:blink::huh::P:huh::blink:

Good Picture tho!!!

Some members are always on the defensive.

They know their rights.

:D

Oh God! Ad Nauseum rights!

Joe

as for what he was supposed to do, may i suggest he slowed down, to a stop if neccesary, indicated his intention to overtake, then passed this obstruction when it was safe to do so.

i ask you this: what if that parked car had been a child, paralised by the thought of an oncoming vehicle traveling at speed round a bend? would your opinion still be the same?

Well i know one thing..i wouldn`t be taking your advice! :lol:

I think I saw Miss Vic taking the pic. I don't even recall seeing the car. This must make me a much worse driver than Lady Muk's neighbour or whoever it was!

I havn't even got outside as had so much work to do! Finished now though and hoping it's going to be just as nice tomorrow when I can enjoy it. Lawnmower...here I come.

i ask you this: what if that parked car had been a child, paralised by the thought of an oncoming vehicle traveling at speed round a bend? would your opinion still be the same?

Well i know one thing..i wouldn`t be taking your advice! :lol:

hmmmmn, so, now i'm interested....

what would you do in this situation? you wouldn't reduce your speed? or have i picked you up wrong yet again!

Glorious weather were having today tho, trully marvelous!

what would you do in this situation? you wouldn't reduce your speed? or have i picked you up wrong yet again!

I wouldn`t do anything..i can`t drive!! :lol:

put me hazards on!

I wouldn`t do anything..i can`t drive!! :lol:

I'm curious tho, can you not see any logic in what i said? or did you just misread?

i'm very confused about your comment reading 'you wont be taking my advice' as i thought it was very logical and sensible...

perhaps i'm wrong!

I think what Lady Muk was saying - is that she wouldnt be in a car in the first place to slow down because she doesnt drive.

Lady Muk would jump out of the bushes instead and rescue the kid like a super hero - wouldnt you Lady Muk?

:lol:

I'm curious tho, can you not see any logic in what i said? or did you just misread?

i'm very confused about your comment reading 'you wont be taking my advice' as i thought it was very logical and sensible...

perhaps i'm wrong!

I can see the logic of what you`re saying,if it was for a different situation...he wouldn`t of had time to "slow down, to a stop if neccesary, indicate his intention to overtake, then pass this obstruction when it was safe to do so".

All he could do was swerve,so even if it had been a child,he still would have swerved to avoid it.That`s all he could do...

I wouldn`t be taking your advice for the same reason as i`ve just given above..

Also,like you said,the car was an obstruction..it shouldn`t have been there..

I think what Lady Muk was saying - is that she wouldnt be in a car in the first place to slow down because she doesnt drive.

Lady Muk would jump out of the bushes instead and rescue the kid like a super hero - wouldnt you Lady Muk?

:lol:

:lol: Aye,too right!

I can see the logic of what you`re saying,if it was for a different situation...he wouldn`t of had time to "slow down, to a stop if neccesary, indicate his intention to overtake, then pass this obstruction when it was ....

which is exactly my point, he was going too fast for the road.

had he been going a sensible speed, taking into account stopping distances and visibility of the road ahead, no swerve would have been needed!

pleased you see my point of view tho....even if you dont agree with it :D

had he been going a sensible speed, taking into account stopping distances and visibility of the road ahead, no swerve would have been needed!

We`ll agree to differ on this one..even though i`m always right :lol:

what do you mean sensible? it is a 60 mph road until you get to the bank top! i think they should have had the decency to ether use there hazards or drive up onto the grass! there are other people using the roads too? i my view thats just shear rudeness!

what do you mean sensible? it is a 60 mph road until you get to the bank top! i think they should have had the decency to ether use there hazards or drive up onto the grass! there are other people using the roads too? i my view thats just shear rudeness!

so your point is because the roads MAXIMUM speed limit (for cars) is 60mph, thats the speed you should travel at?

Guest stinky skidmark

if you get mongs that stop ther cars at stupid places on the road like on bends then they shouldnt be on the roads at all if it was me that saw the car parked i wouldnt of swerved out of the way i would of drove straight through it just to be a !*!@# get the mongs off the road :D:D:D

if you get mongs that stop ther cars at stupid places on the road like on bends then they shouldnt be on the roads at all if it was me that saw the car parked i wouldnt of swerved out of the way i would of drove straight through it just to be a !*!@# get the mongs off the road :D:D:D

Then not only are you suicidal, but its you that should not be on the road.

print off this topic and show it to any police officer, s/he will tell you i'm right.

that car has a list of possible reasons for being in that position as long as my arm. the only reason for speeding when you aint got blue lights flashing is because your an idiot with no respect for other life, human or not.

so your point is because the roads MAXIMUM speed limit (for cars) is 60mph, thats the speed you should travel at?

no but it is a dangerous place so one should take all precautions! like hazards etc! or at least a safe place to park not on a bend, like the bank top car park!