The MNP £11 Minimum Wage

threegee

Labour can do it (£8); Osborne can do it (£9); John McDonnell can do it (£10); so my new party (MNP) is setting an £n + £1 minimum wage target, currently idling at just £11.

Note: Here n stands for nuts (= the last nutty advance in the Elect-me-on-my-empty-promise:-I'm-the-most-profligate Game).

What's my new party called?  Well, I'm working on that, but in true political fashion I must paint it as something it's obviously not.  So... I guess the word prudence needs to feature.  One thing is for sure, the MNP (My New Prudentialists ?) will never ever disappoint and disillusion like the rest. That's because they'll be the archetypal party of protest, and never aspire to get anywhere remotely near real power, or facilitate any real change.  But... if you want to feel good about yourself it will be by far the best party to join, and especially appealing to all wet-behind-the-ears youngsters.  Oh - so that's another cardinal policy: lower the voting age to ten, then one year less than any other proposal. I think that's the real meaning of "progressive", don't you?

Yes, I think I've got this politics malarkey cracked now; a real tragedy that this damascene moment has come forty years too late for a "rewarding" political career.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now