Market Day

Cympil

No but I'm going to go and have a look. Mr Hair was just saying the other day what Bedlington needs is to move it's market day to a Saturday morning and make it a farmers market.

Might get some nice cheese!

I reckon that would be a good idea, a farmers market!

So this European Market thing is happening on Thursday?

Hope it doesnt end up raining then!

No but I'm going to go and have a look. Mr Hair was just saying the other day what Bedlington needs is to move it's market day to a Saturday morning and make it a farmers market.

Might get some nice cheese!

is there actually farmers around here?

Has anyone noticed the posters down the front street advertising the European Market on Thursday? I didn`t get the chance to read them properly,does anyone know what it`s about?

If its anything like the European markets they have where I live you will need a big wad of chash to purchase anything from it.

We usally have a French or German market the bread they sell starts at about £3 a loaf same stuff that they sell in Tesco's for 59p.

If its anything like the European markets they have where I live you will need a big wad of chash to purchase anything from it.

We usally have a French or German market the bread they sell starts at about £3 a loaf same stuff that they sell in Tesco's for 59p.

£3! they can keep their bread at that price :blink:

The other question is, who is paying for them to come over to England? Wanspeck council or you the tax payer? Or do they foot the bill?

If they charge 3 quid for a loaf of bread, surely they can afford to pay for their own way here!

Unless of course its three times bigger than a normal loaf...

Come to think of it, IF they are selling bread, how fresh will it be? I mean, they tour England dont they? Going to different markets so, do they have portable ovens or something?

If they charge 3 quid for a loaf of bread, surely they can afford to pay for their own way here!

Unless of course its three times bigger than a normal loaf...

Come to think of it, IF they are selling bread, how fresh will it be? I mean, they tour England dont they? Going to different markets so, do they have portable ovens or something?

Probably buy it from Tesco 59p a loaf, we usally have them about Christmas time and their prices are unreal but its amazing how mwny people clamber to buy from them.

Probably buy it from Tesco 59p a loaf, we usally have them about Christmas time and their prices are unreal but its amazing how mwny people clamber to buy from them.

shocking just shocking! taking us for mugs!

Yes from Tesco's, only 24p from Aldi, mind it doesnt keep very well ganns mouldy after two days, mind they reckon that penicilin is good for you.

:D

the Iranian round the corner charges me £1.25 ripping! think i'll phone watchdog!

the Iranian round the corner charges me £1.25 ripping! think i'll phone watchdog!

What £1.50 for a loaf of bread you'll be better off buying it from that european market tomorrow, either that or bake your own in one them bread machines that you can buy.

Englands just won the cricket struggeled though.

What £1.50 for a loaf of bread you'll be better off buying it from that european market tomorrow, either that or bake your own in one them bread machines that you can buy.

Englands just won the cricket struggeled though.

wot england winning something? :o thats not like them! normally its a shameful losing experience!

What the hecks a kolbasa Swalnalla, I am afraid I am not very bright please enlighten.

If any members of this board visit Canada, ask to be taken to one of our many Farmers Markets.

After stuffing yourself on the huge array of free samples at any market. You will think that you have died and gone to culinary heaven. ( And succulent Polish kolbassa, is just the start!)

Joe

In Bedlington we have the space for a super size market, shame that most is took up by car boot.

However combine the two and our market day could be huge, other towns have car boot fairs which are massive namely run by Nobles, and other towns have large markets.

Bedlington has the population for a bigger market surely if we had more traders it would bring more business to the local area and make our market worth visiting :)

In Bedlington we have the space for a super size market, shame that most is took up by car boot.

However combine the two and our market day could be huge, other towns have car boot fairs which are massive namely run by Nobles, and other towns have large markets.

Bedlington has the population for a bigger market surely if we had more traders it would bring more business to the local area and make our market worth visiting :)

Bedlington Market used to be huge, the trouble was shops like somerfield, asda and tesco have priced the market stalls out of buisness.

Very few people actually do their shopping at the market now, which is a shame considering the heritage.

i blame womens rights....if you buggers diddnt go out to work and let us men earn the crust, you would have more time to shop at the local markets, instead of 'online shopping' and superstores.

BRING BACK THE CORNER SHOP!

i know the one up my way (near red house farm) used to be packed with goods, and if he diddnt have it, he got it for you for the next day, even had an off licence erm, licence, and if i remember right, rented videos!

now its a pokey little shop run by an old woman with dirty nails (i speak as i find!) with hardly anything in it.

Damn Shame it is too!

i blame womens rights....if you buggers didnt go out to work and let us men earn the crust, you would have more time to shop at the local markets, instead of 'online shopping' and superstores.

Shouldn't you be blaming online shopping then?

:P

For me, the problem with the market is that nothing changes... and the quality of the stuff they try to sell you.

Its always the same old stuff...

Shouldn't you be blaming online shopping then?

No, i shouldnt.

Online shopping has evolved because todays working class individual has not got the time to go to the local markets, as their at work when their on. if women did not work, then they could go to the markets, and they would be buisier.

now its just dole wallers and old people that go there, with the exeption of a few that dont work thursdays daytime...

where's the money in that? the dole wallers have nowt to spend, and the old dears cant carry much!

its the old dears with cars and the ones that dont work thursdays that keep the market alive!