Whos Betting On The National This Year?

Cruel unnecassary sport where animals are used for man to gain.

I both agree and disagree with the above quote:

cruel and unnesesary, yes, they do whip em hard and kick em harder, however, horses love to run, thats why the unmanned horses keep running, and dont just stop and munch the grass.

be much better if it was like the greyhounds, with no rider, or at least strap their legs to the horse and take away the whips. be much better then, cruel gits!

as for the 'man to gain' bit, i never bliddy gained a penny from betting on the nags!

so lets get this straight your all against it? animal activists the sort that would rather see a fox shot and limp away in to the night and die an slow painful death that a swift death done by a dog!

Guest missvic
animal activists the sort that would rather see a fox shot and limp away in to the night and die an slow painful death that a swift death done by a dog!

Animal activists are the sort who would rather not see the fox shot at all!

Oh, and for the record, I think the horseracing is cruel too :angry:

Animal activists are the sort who would rather not see the fox shot at all!

Oh, and for the record, I think the horseracing is cruel too :angry:

i dont disagree with horseracing, i dissagree with the kicking and the whip.

i think someone should whip and kick the jockys twice for each time they do it to the horse.. bet it wouls soon stop!

I both agree and disagree with the above quote:

cruel and unnesesary, yes, they do whip em hard and kick em harder, however, horses love to run, thats why the unmanned horses keep running, and dont just stop and munch the grass.

be much better if it was like the greyhounds, with no rider, or at least strap their legs to the horse and take away the whips. be much better then, cruel gits!

as for the 'man to gain' bit, i never bliddy gained a penny from betting on the nags!

Horses need the exercise but what they don't need is people making money from them and when they get injured there shot on the spot.

Youll be better betting on the dogs you might gain a penny or two or lose a lot. :D

so lets get this straight your all against it? animal activists the sort that would rather see a fox shot and limp away in to the night and die an slow painful death that a swift death done by a dog!

I am not an animal activist Monsta, but I do not agree with cruelty to any animal. Last year I lost six ducks to foxes but I blame myself for that and I do not wish any harm to the fox.

I do believe that foxes should be kept under controll because of the damage that they can cause but not by the use of dogs, there must be a more humain way to deal with the problem.

By the way I might put me shirt on Nowhere myself it sounds a good bet. :D

Horses need the exercise but what they don't need is people making money from them and when they get injured there shot on the spot.

Youll be better betting on the dogs you might gain a penny or two or lose a lot. :D

I am not an animal activist Monsta, but I do not agree with cruelty to any animal. Last year I lost six ducks to foxes but I blame myself for that and I do not wish any harm to the fox.

I do believe that foxes should be kept under controll because of the damage that they can cause but not by the use of dogs, there must be a more humain way to deal with the problem.

By the way I might put me shirt on Nowhere myself it sounds a good bet. :D

yeah whipping looks worse than it actually is! its not like they use a rubber car Ariel! now that would be cruel...

i think foxes at least had a chance to escape before now there poisoned and shoot and more than a few are not clean kills!

yeah whipping looks worse than it actually is! its not like they use a rubber car Ariel! now that would be cruel...

i think foxes at least had a chance to escape before now there poisoned and shoot and more than a few are not clean kills!

Yes your right about the poison, its a nasty way to kill anything, probably a painfull death as its not instant. Shooting foxes can be a kinder method provided that its a clean kill.

Yes your right about the poison, its a nasty way to kill anything, probably a painfull death as its not instant. Shooting foxes can be a kinder method provided that its a clean kill.

personally if there to be culled a humane trap would be a good idea then shoot them at close range to stop them from suffering! now is that far?

nuff said! that joes edge looks like a good bet! but i think i'll stick something on last years winner just in case! lighting striking twice and al that stuff!!!! :lol:

Ah well I am going to bet on me keeping me money in me pocket that way I can't loose.

:D

My horsey won. I'm £43.25 richer for a £1 each-way bet! Wayhey.

Hmmmn, £43.25 on a 33-1 win with a £1 stake each way?

(£1 on 33-1=£33 plus stake=£34 divide by 4 to get 1/4 odds for each way bet=£8.50?)

you must have taken some pretty good odds young lady, as i believe the winner started at 30-1!

was it 173-1? or am i working this out wrong?

Well done that...erm...(wo)man!

obviously, keep the £3.25 for housekeeping and we'll see mr hair in the pub later with the rest!

Hmmmn, £43.25 on a 33-1 win with a £1 stake each way?

(£1 on 33-1=£33 plus stake=£34 divide by 4 to get 1/4 odds for each way bet=£8.50?)

you must have taken some pretty good odds young lady, as i believe the winner started at 30-1!

was it 173-1? or am i working this out wrong?

Well done that...erm...(wo)man!

obviously, keep the £3.25 for housekeeping and we'll see mr hair in the pub later with the rest!

Wey,i don`t know much about winnings but you seem to...so...if i had put £2 each way on the horse that came in third,what would i win? (i think it was 40/1)

Wey,i don`t know much about winnings but you seem to...so...if i had put £2 each way on the horse that came in third,what would i win? (i think it was 40/1)

what was the total bet? as £2 each way would cost you £4 (£2 to win+£2 on 2,3or4th)

i'll assume it was a £2 total bet, making it £1 each way. now, since it came third, you win on the £1 each way bet and not the win, which is quarter the odds. so £1 on a 40-1 each way bet that comes third would give you £10, plus your stake, so you should be looking at £11.

i may be completly wrong tho, so dont quote me! thats just the way i was told it works, i'm not a betting man as a rule!

if it was £2 each way, and total bet was £4, then i would expect £22 back...

what was the total bet? as £2 each way would cost you £4 (£2 to win+£2 on 2,3or4th)

i'll assume it was a £2 total bet, making it £1 each way. now, since it came third, you win on the £1 each way bet and not the win, which is quarter the odds. so £1 on a 40-1 each way bet that comes third would give you £10, plus your stake, so you should be looking at £11.

i may be completly wrong tho, so dont quote me! thats just the way i was told it works, i'm not a betting man as a rule!

if it was £2 each way, and total bet was £4, then i would expect £22 back...

You were right,got £22 back so it must have been £2 each way,not a great lot but it`s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :lol: