Gallerys

Blank

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seem to be doing ok, what problem you having pete?

The problem that I am having appears to be with one graphic only, its a jpeg, file size 287kb, when I try to upload I recieve a message telling me that I have not got an Internet connection. I have had the same problem when I have tried to reply to posts but usally after a couple of attempts it works. This graphic just does not seem to want to upload whatever I do.

Help :D

Maybe your internet connection just keeps going down, mine does that from time to time.

Even though the image is 287kb, what dimensions does it have?

I think images any bigger than 100kb have trouble uploading, as does anything bigger than 800 x 600. If the image is a JPEG (Or JPG) format, try changing it to GIF, the quality wont be as good but the size will decrease... either that or just shrink the image.

Maybe your internet connection just keeps going down, mine does that from time to time.

Even though the image is 287kb, what dimensions does it have?

I think images any bigger than 100kb have trouble uploading, as does anything bigger than 800 x 600. If the image is a JPEG (Or JPG) format, try changing it to GIF, the quality wont be as good but the size will decrease... either that or just shrink the image.

Thanks Blank I will try your suggestion.

You were right Blank, it was the dimensions, I have reduced them and uploaded no problem. Did try changing it to a giff file but this increased the file size.

Many thanks

The smaller images look terrible when increased to almost full screen. :(

Good photo and good frame Swallnala, the one you have got in the gallery.

sorry got to disagree with you there, not a bad photo but that frame is terrible! did you use mario paint to do that?

How about giving us a choice of background colours for the albums, I'd be happy with black..... :)

I will look into this.

We've to finish the current skin properly anyway, but might possibly add another, or modify the Gallery specific CSS entries.

I will look into this.

We've to finish the current skin properly anyway, but might possibly add another, or modify the Gallery specific CSS entries.

Threegee, you could always change the banner on the site - the current one looks a bit drab and doesn't reflect the vibrant, cheerful community that is Bedlington!

Threegee, you could always change the banner on the site - the current one looks a bit drab and doesn't reflect the vibrant, cheerful community that is Bedlington!

yes make it purple like missvic's radiator! :lol::lol::lol:

Macromedia Fireworks 8, but not by me.

I was talking about the old banner there - it was made in Fireworks 8? It could have easily been done in MS paint, wouldn't have known the difference.

The new banner is a lot better though.

Can you upload your pic of the Red Lion again please B. I think 4G was upgrading the gallery software or something whilst you were uploading, and it got corrupted. Sorry about that! :(

Can you upload your pic of the Red Lion again please B. I think 4G was upgrading the gallery software or something whilst you were uploading, and it got corrupted. Sorry about that! :(

When I try to upload it I get an error message saying "The image you tried to upload appears to be an invalid image."

I've tried uploading other images too.

If its any help, this is the code that appears at the top of my screen:

IPB WARNING [2] file_get_contents() expects at most 2 parameters, 5 given (Line: 484 of /ips_kernel/class_upload.php)