Were Can I Buy Blackjacks

Guest stinky skidmark

Guest stinky skidmark

Aniseed flavour penny chew – we all remember these!

ive never seen these for ages does any1 know where i can buy these fromBLACK_JACKS.jpg

Yeah you can still buy them, you can get them in a different flavour too, like a fruity one...

Fruit Salad, thats it:

fruit_salad.jpg

You used to be able to buy them by the bucket load in Smiths shop in Millbank Road (is it still there?)........along with loads of other gorgeous sweets in a 5p mix. Remember Bazzooka Bubble Gum? :D

You used to be able to buy them by the bucket load in Smiths shop in Millbank Road (is it still there?)........along with loads of other gorgeous sweets in a 5p mix. Remember Bazzooka Bubble Gum? :D
wasnt those the ones you got a free tattoo off? i loved those tattoo's!

Smiths? I remember it being Jeans shop, and then Fraisers... but then it closed completely a good few years back.

Yes, Pop Coulson I believe, there was also a guy called Ronie Barns who had a mobile shop it was an old bus, mind you that was fifties, sixties.

thats not him who had the fruit and veg place behind ian bells?

Yes, Pop Coulson I believe, there was also a guy called Ronie Barns who had a mobile shop it was an old bus, mind you that was fifties, sixties.

And eighties I believe! Lemonade in glass bottles. Sigh. When stepping in doggies 'ah ah' was the most I had to worry about!

can anyone remember pop's mobile shop?

Pop Clouston, he had the shop on St. Cuthberts Tce. his father Jack had a shop next door to the Croft vet on Front St.E and Ron his brother ran truck haulage, coal and spuds from the Borders.

thats not him who had the fruit and veg place behind ian bells?

That was Barnes. Ian Bells used to be Blyth Coop grocery, the drapery dept. was just a little further down Rothseay Tce..

Pop Clouston, he had the shop on St. Cuthberts Tce. his father Jack had a shop next door to the Croft vet on Front St.E and Ron his brother ran truck haulage, coal and spuds from the Borders.

That was Barnes. Ian Bells used to be Blyth Coop grocery, the drapery dept. was just a little further down Rothseay Tce..

I remember him now! he used to own that shop at the station used to be a fruit shop!

Is that who had Clostons shop in Allgood terrace?

Smiths? I remember it being Jeans shop, and then Fraisers... but then it closed completely a good few years back.

it was jean smiths shop :)

Is that who had Clostons shop in Allgood terrace?

pop clouston and his wife mary had the shop on allgood tce now known as the pantry

it was jean smiths shop :)

pop clouston and his wife mary had the shop on allgood tce now known as the pantry

Yeah I remember them, I think I can remember the mobile shop too... you never see mobile shops anymore do you?

Guest missvic

The answer to the original question may lie in the Bassetts section of the Spar (at the end of the choclate aisle, opposite the magazines) or in the newsagents at the station. They are unsuitable for vegetarians though (as are the fruit salads) should anyone be that way inclined :(:(:(