Where's Whatty

I cleaned up a few of the tatty graphics this morning. Mostly the blue buttons on the striped background.

Can't see any other ones that look strange, but there are dozens and dozens of the little b's, and I don't even pretend that I've explored all the contexts that they display in. So... if anyone comes across any tatty looking graphics then post or PM me explaining where they are (copy the URL) and how you got there - please!

Homepage due for a tidy up now.

I cleaned up a few of the tatty graphics this morning. Mostly the blue buttons on the striped background.

Can't see any other ones that look strange, but there are dozens and dozens of the little b's, and I don't even pretend that I've explored all the contexts that they display in. So... if anyone comes across any tatty looking graphics then post or PM me explaining where they are (copy the URL) and how you got there - please!

Is there a browser fault with the striped background! cause it works fine in i.e but it gets little dots in Fire fox! and they keep adding up until i restart the browser.

Tatty Image Alert 1: nav.gif

Looks fine on a white background but gets 10/10 for shabbiness on that horrid blue background. Its named nav.gif if thats any help. (Image before "Community" at the top there).

Tatty Image Alert 2: logo7.gif

Sorry, but I really think this banner lets the site down!

One more thing, when CSS is disabled the whole site is totally unreadable because of the background. Personally I'd change it, as it is a community site that should be accessible to everyone.

Tatty Image Alert 1: nav.gif

That one was already cleaned up. I thought the 3D effect looked OK considering it was only 10x10 pixels. Must be your monitor or something?! Anyway, it's now boring old white to suit you! ;)

Tatty Image Alert 2: logo7.gif

Sorry, but I really think this banner lets the site down!

The header was scheduled for a redo as part of the Homepage revamp.

That one was already cleaned up. I thought the 3D effect looked OK considering it was only 10x10 pixels. Must be your monitor or something?! Anyway, it's now boring old white to suit you! ;)

The header was scheduled for a redo as part of the Homepage revamp.

Shock Horror! No, I can assure you my monitor is fine, I just have very good eyesight.

But I will agree that the new icon is a lot better looking.

Eh? Has it changed? Everything looks exactly as it did before???

Nah, nothing major has changed Ms Hair, I was just pointing out some tatty images to threegee, who has, or is going to improve them.

As for the site banner, it will be getting designed again as threegee is going to breathe new life into the current design!

Well... the current banner anyway.

Just spotted three more tatty buttons on the Gallery upload page - before anyoneone else reports them. As good as fixed right now.

BTW the Gallery can be much improved I think. Made a few quick changes already. Did you know that you can upload videos too? Think we need a few categories for different sorts of albums. I'm not so sure that, given the thumbnail sizes, a black background will improve things though. It's a bit "common" too! :)

Just spotted three more tatty buttons on the Gallery upload page - before anyoneone else reports them. As good as fixed right now.

BTW the Gallery can be much improved I think. Made a few quick changes already. Did you know that you can upload videos too? Think we need a few categories for different sorts of albums. I'm not so sure that, given the thumbnail sizes, a black background will improve things though. It's a bit "common" too! :)

I agree, I think its important to keep consistency throughout the sites pages, and leave the black background to sites which cater for the visually impaired. Or you could always add an alternative style sheet.

I also think there should be some sort of order to the gallery - go on then, get some categories added!

I didn't know videos could be added, I'll go and have a snoop now.

One more thing, when CSS is disabled the whole site is totally unreadable because of the background. Personally I'd change it, as it is a community site that should be accessible to everyone.
That's what the Lo-Fi Version link below is for. Works great on my Nokia mobile phone (and even more brain-dead browsers)! :)

P.S. He who pushed me out of the way this afternoon says the background is gone!

And the comment about videos is only half-correct - a "video only" gallery reeell soon.