Tony Blair Is History!

Tony Blair departure.  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tony Blair is about to announce that he's going soon. This even though at the last General Election, and in the Labour Party Election Manifesto, he promised to "serve a full term".

He has now made it clear that he's anointing Gordon Brown as his successor. Should we be forced to accept this [Vote Yes], or should there be a General Election [Vote No]?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony Blair is about to announce that he's going soon. This even though he promised to "serve a full term" at the last General Election in the Labour Party Election Manifesto.

He has now made it clear that he's anointing Gordon Brown as his successor. Should we be forced to accept this, or should there be a General Election?

If Tony Blair goes there should be a General election, I for one do not agree that we should be forced to accept an unelected leader of the country. Gordon Brown is not the man to lead this country, its nothing more than a career move for him.

Guest missvic

Eek! I voted wrong! I meant to say that I did want an election! Sorry! Class the 1 yes vote as wrong please! And give thanks for the fact that I've lost my real voting card for tomorrow!

Eek! I voted wrong! I meant to say that I did want an election! Sorry! Class the 1 yes vote as wrong please! And give thanks for the fact that I've lost my real voting card for tomorrow!

i did the same, i read the comment and voted from that....a bit of a double edged question there!

another vote taken from brown in, and placed into the 'we need an election' box please!

If Tony Blair goes there should be a General election, I for one do not agree that we should be forced to accept an unelected leader of the country. Gordon Brown is not the man to lead this country, its nothing more than a career move for him.

John Major, James Callaghan and Winston Churchill all took on the post of PM without first being elected.

John Major, James Callaghan and Winston Churchill all took on the post of PM without first being elected.

1. Winston Churchill was elected to head a wartime coalition of all parties by universal agreement. If Tony has started another of his wars then he should at least have the decency to tell us! :D
  2. None of the above's predecessors got elected on the manifesto promise of serving a full term.
  3. There's no longer the pretence of not being able to gauge public opinion without a formal election - it seems that even a majority of Labour diehards think that this is all wrong!

If you discount the fact that he was a Tory.

And the fact that he actually made a pretty poor peacetime Prime Minister.

1945.....won the war.....booted straight out. Crap, really. CK is on the numbers there.

1945.....won the war.....booted straight out. Crap, really. CK is on the numbers there.

crap what you mean crap? he guide us through the second world war were we where close to defeat. if it was not for the likes of churchill, monty, and the yanks you would all be speaking german right now! now shut the hell up! pete is right he was a damn fine pm and one the top britons of all time! :angry:

Churchill would have made a good PM today, he stood for what was right.

Churchill couldn't escape from being an Imperialist at heart, he was devoted to the notion of Empire (and all it represented). He did, however, often reveal - in domestic legislation - a progressive streak (Social Security, etc.) Shamefully, he wasn't too keen on the emanicipation of women. An amazingly complex guy who was very much of his time and certainly what was needed to thwart the Nazi hoards - yes, a great War leader. Greatest ever Britain ... on balance ... Yes!

Churchill couldn't escape from being an Imperialist at heart, he was devoted to the notion of Empire (and all it represented). He did, however, often reveal - in domestic legislation - a progressive streak (Social Security, etc.) Shamefully, he wasn't too keen on the emanicipation of women. An amazingly complex guy who was very much of his time and certainly what was needed to thwart the Nazi hoards - yes, a great War leader. Greatest ever Britain ... on balance ... Yes!

here here

crap what you mean crap? he guide us through the second world war were we where close to defeat. if it was not for the likes of churchill, monty, and the yanks you would all be speaking german right now! now shut the hell up! pete is right he was a damn fine pm and one the top britons of all time! :angry:

Your right Monsta if had not been for the likes of Churchill and co we would have been speaking german today.

No one here has to put up with Monsta or anyone else on the forum for that matter.

You lot spend more time moaning on about how Monsta is this and that - for gods sake just ignore him if your that bothered by him!

Its more boring listening to you lot all being miserable than it is reading Monstas posts, for every one post by Monsta theres 10 posts from members complaining about his spelling errors and his "wrong" point of view.

Get out more often, and it might not affect you so much.

No one here has to put up with Monsta or anyone else on the forum for that matter.

You lot spend more time moaning on about how Monsta is this and that - for gods sake just ignore him if your that bothered by him!

Its more boring listening to you lot all being miserable than it is reading Monstas posts, for every one post by Monsta theres 10 posts from members complaining about his spelling errors and his "wrong" point of view.

Get out more often, and it might not affect you so much.

You have got that right Blank, and Monsta has a right to his opinion.

You have got that right Blank, and Monsta has a right to his opinion.

Why then do the moderators remove certain things & not others.....?

Is it OK to call me a !*!@# ; it is left & I call him an idiot; the post is removed!

Double standards.

Monsta is a bigot, pure & simple.......albeit a racist, sexist, etc.....an IQ of pre-cum!!

Lawyers, next anyone...............