Favourite Bible Story

Guest mongo
What's your all time favorite Bible story?

your not a bible basher are you? theres no such thing as a good bible story but there is one good use for it wipeing your !*!@# on it :lol: :lol:

I haven`t read the bible...i`m waiting on the film coming out :lol:

Many people who read the bible become atheist or agnostic, I wonder why?

The adventures of old Lot make for an interesting read.

Really :rolleyes: Do you believe in that fiction?

Undoubtedly the road to Damascus. It's always the most vocal 'antis' who are the least certain of their beliefs, and so the easiest converts. The totally apathetic - like me - are the only hard cases.

In time swalnalla and mongo will be a pushover, and the more they protest... :P

Before Blank points out the obvious, can I be the first to mention that the question doesn't necessarily have anything to do with religion at all.

Fact 1: The Bible is a book.

Fact 2: It contains some excellent stories.

It's not even a Christianity exclusive - the whole "Part 1" is embraced by a quite different religion.

And, followers of that quite different religion have been the first to make rather a lot of money out of the stories in the "Part 2" they don't believe in! :lol:

Being antagonistic towards other people's sincerely held beliefs is behind all the World's problems. Both the Islamic suicide bomber and the British right winger inciting racial hatred are out of the very same mould. They're intolerant because the have a strong basic need to believe in something, but at root they're very uncertain of what they've latched on to, and are at a loss to find anything else. In trying to vocally convince other people they are actually trying to convince themselves!

I like that bit where they get a crane to drop Jesus through the roof.

Ooh ooh and the part with the temple and the money....that Herod!

since when did they have cranes in jesus's day? bob the disciple can he bless it no he cant cause his heads to big and he's made out of plaster scene!!!

i like the one were they go looking for the golden fleece! what's it called "clash of the titans!" or "jason and the argonaughts"

jesus was a !*!@# any way! why didn't he fight the romans instead of just letting them kill him! what a girl! :lol: :lol:

Yes

right on! every ones got there own beliefs and there entitled to them! it's when they try to lay them on people or use them to do act of evil thats just plan wrong!

right on! every ones got there own beliefs and there entitled to them! it's when they try to lay them on people or use them to do act of evil thats just plan wrong!

I agree with you Monsta, I believe in the Bible from the first words in Genesi (In the begining God) to the last words in Revelation (Amen) but it is not for me to push the Bible at people unless they want to talk about it.

I agree with you Monsta, I believe in the Bible from the first words in Genesi (In the begining God) to the last words in Revelation (Amen) but it is not for me to push the Bible at people unless they want to talk about it.

one question these heroes so to speak from the bible, such as jesus, samson and the like! why do they allways have to die for pointless reasons. i mean would jesus not have made more of a point by smiting the romans? he would have made more of an impact in my view "thunder bolts of lightning" and all that so of stuff like that arc angel one!

one question these heroes so to speak from the bible, such as jesus, samson and the like! why do they allways have to die for pointless reasons. i mean would jesus not have made more of a point by smiting the romans? he would have made more of an impact in my view "thunder bolts of lightning" and all that so of stuff like that arc angel one!

You will have to read the Bible for the answer to that qestion Monsta.

since when did they have cranes in jesus's day?

Type "roman" plus "crane" into Google

jesus was a !*!@# any way! why didn't he fight the romans instead of just letting them kill him! what a girl! :lol: :lol:

Nope, he outsmarted them in a way no Islamic suicide nutter could hope to do! Type "Constantine" into Google.

I love it when this deity destroys thousands, even millions of lives, because he/she has decided. All of it fiction, but many people believe that crap, I wish Noah had swatted that pair of mosquitoes..... lol

I love it when this deity destroys thousands, even millions of lives, because he/she has decided. All of it fiction, but many people believe that crap, I wish Noah had swatted that pair of mosquitoes..... lol

Swalnalla, no one is forcing anything upon you you know. Calm down.

So have you got a favorite bible story then?