Blyth Power...

Guest xyz

Guest missvic

It's still pretty early in the morning really... and I'm still a bit confused from having a dream where I went to the moon and found a tree, and didn't know whether to first tell Moore.P or Hawking.S, but I couldn't find either of their phone numbers...

Anyway... I've tried to get over his dilemma, but seem to have drifted into another obscure reality where even stranger things occur...

In this reality they're going to rebuild Blyth Power Station! In the same place!

The claims are that 1,500 jobs will be created in the building, and 150 in the plant long-term... lot's of money for the local economy, great! But how much was spent exactly pulling the old one down? And why did they pull it down? Never mind the environmental impact.

So... the Blyth Valley councillors are voting on it... and of course they'll say 'yes' to all the money for Blyth... But I've been checking out the boundries http://www.wansbeck.gov.uk/uploads/wansbec..._iteration1.pdf and it looks like the proposed site is in Wansbeck, is it not???

Maybe it's best that I go back to sleep, Patrick Moore was much more exciting B)

:D

Well done for avoiding the possible confusion that could have arisen among the veteran folk-punks' numerous fans on here.

Wasn't Blyth Power a steam train originally, though?

was blyth power a gay band?

Guest missvic

Yes, CK, the Joseph Porter fronted band Blyth Power were originally named after a train! :)

But, no Monsta, sadly you are mistaken with your fabulously well thought out guess that they may have been "a gay band". :(

You can perhaps find answers to any other questions here: http://www.blythpower.co.uk/

am all up for a new power station! new jobs plus i kinda miss the old one! those chimneys said you were home!

They certainly did say you were home, they were a land mark. Anything that brings jobs into the area has to be a good thing, might even apply for one myself and commute every day. :lol:

Yes, CK, the Joseph Porter fronted band Blyth Power were originally named after a train! :)

But, no Monsta, sadly you are mistaken with your fabulously well thought out guess that they may have been "a gay band". :(

You can perhaps find answers to any other questions here: http://www.blythpower.co.uk/

sorry the thought of the power house just sprang to mind, images of CK in a rubber !*!@# suit :lol:

..it looks like the proposed site is in Wansbeck, is it not?..

We were always told that BPS was the biggest contributor to Wansbeck rates. Of course sans Wansbeck this would have been Bedlington local taxes. And, a good many community centers that would have built by now!

And on a lighter matter - a much lighter matter - he'd probably have had difficulty taking your call anyway! :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18334489/

We were always told that BPS was the biggest contributor to Wansbeck rates. Of course sans Wansbeck this would have been Bedlington local taxes. And, a good many community centers that would have built by now!

And on a lighter matter - a much lighter matter - he'd probably have had difficulty taking your call anyway! :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18334489/

GGG,

Wasn't it the case that the power station paid its rates in the old BDC and that was why it was in the black? It would certainly seem an opportune time to do something about giving a new one the right place name! It might have been "North Blyth" power station but I don't remember an invasion by the Blyth lot to take over the land there? While they are on they could always build some sort of import export facility because it is much easer, or could be, to get road and rail access there, then they could build their new 80 acre industrail estate at Cambois and leave the North Seaton resident alone!

A bit of forward planning for when the Shire, hairy feet included, gets it independence!

GGG,

Wasn't it the case that the power station paid its rates in the old BDC and that was why it was in the black? It would certainly seem an opportune time to do something about giving a new one the right place name! It might have been "North Blyth" power station but I don't remember an invasion by the Blyth lot to take over the land there? While they are on they could always build some sort of import export facility because it is much easer, or could be, to get road and rail access there, then they could build their new 80 acre industrail estate at Cambois and leave the North Seaton resident alone!

A bit of forward planning for when the Shire, hairy feet included, gets it independence!

If the proposed council shuffle goes ahead and Blyth get control of Bedlington then they'll probablly build it on the Twenty Acres ;)

If the proposed council shuffle goes ahead and Blyth get control of Bedlington then they'll probablly build it on the Twenty Acres ;)

why would they give bedlington the glory of having a power station!!! :lol: