Have You Noticed...

It's the ABC/Tick button up top right of the text entry window.

So... no more excuses for lousy spelling; but picking the wright word might be a tad more difficult! :lol:

1) When you hit the ABC/Tick button for the very first time it will tell you that
ieSpell
is not detected, and prompt you to download it.

2) Click OK and your browser will offer you a list of download sites. The first one of these will probably be C-Net.

3) On your choice of download web page click that site's download link, then hit the [RUN] rather than the [sAVE] button when prompted.

4) Accept the default install options, and ieSpell will install in a ./Program Files/ieSpell folder.

5) At the end of the install you'll be prompted to restart Internet Explorer, so close down
all
instances of Internet Explorer then hit the Internet Explorer program icon to restart it again.

6) At this point you'll be able to right click on an Internet Explorer Browser Window and spelling check the text you've entered. That's ANY Internet Explorer Browser window with text entry boxes, not just this board.
But you won't get full functionality until you click on the warning bar at the top of the Browser window and install the Active-X Control.
When you do this the ABC/Tick icon on this board will run the spelling checker directly.

Installing this free Internet Explorer plug-in is well worth the couple of minutes effort, because - as already noted - it will work from the right mouse button on any text entry you do on any website. The website doesn't necessarily have to directly support it like this board does. The plug-in will also install an ABC/Tick icon on the IE Toolbar.

Enjoy!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon man get it doon lowded, ah need it cos ah cannit spell in goerdie either.

a think 3Gs ganna reegret iva startin this topic..av notist summic,a find it eeseya ti spell in geordie thin wot a can in proppa inglish :lol:

a think 3Gs ganna reegret iva startin this topic..av notist summic,a find it eeseya ti spell in geordie thin wot a can in proppa inglish :lol:

Wey av gotta agree wi yi, ah have trouble talkin propa inglish niver mind spelin it. Av just had sum grat fun wi the spell checkar tryin te check me post.

:lol:

Wey av gotta agree wi yi, ah have trouble talkin propa inglish niver mind spelin it. Av just had sum grat fun wi the spell checkar tryin te check me post.

:lol:

how watch it yil hev cornel clunk and clap symptoms slavrin a the bit! mongs :lol:

mr-t.jpg

I aint no black MF..........Mr T is a BMF

Keep up.....I appreciate it's difficult for you....do try harder :lol:

well please refrain from specking black dialect! "say what fool" a line from your hero you posted! :lol: