Bedlington Bungee Jump

I saw a poster today advertising a bungee jump at the bank top on the 14th of July. It seems the same one is heading for Newbiggin around the 24th...

Does anyone know what its for? Is it to raise money for charity? Will it be by crane?

And also: any of you lot gonna have a go!?

:D

And also: any of you lot gonna have a go!?

No Way!

i'm the type of person that will try anything once....and i have tried a fair few things !

my experience of bungee jumping was at the hirst high crain jump about 10 years ago?

well, it was one of those body harness ones, where you go feet first...tame, i know, but they wouldnt let us go via the legs.

well, i got all strapped up, lifted up and did the whole 3-2-1 GO! thing, jumped...filled my underwear...came within feet of the floor (it seamed like it anyway) then returned most of the way back up. Great experience!...until...the rope looped as the slack was removed. this loop went over my head, and luckily only went as far as my eye level before it tightened again, leaving 2 nasty friction burns on my forehead.

i was later told the normal procedure is to let the rope unravel every 5 jumps, but this had not been done as it was nearing the end of the session. the last few jumpers had twisted round a few times more than usual, creating the effect i experienced.

my money was refunded as a 'sorry', and thinking back, they got away with it lightly!

had that rope gone round my neck....

Anyway...i wont be partaking this year !

Anyone else?

No Way!

i'm the type of person that will try anything once....and i have tried a fair few things !

my experience of bungee jumping was at the hirst high crain jump about 10 years ago?

well, it was one of those body harness ones, where you go feet first...tame, i know, but they wouldnt let us go via the legs.

well, i got all strapped up, lifted up and did the whole 3-2-1 GO! thing, jumped...filled my underwear...came within feet of the floor (it seamed like it anyway) then returned most of the way back up. Great experience!...until...the rope looped as the slack was removed. this loop went over my head, and luckily only went as far as my eye level before it tightened again, leaving 2 nasty friction burns on my forehead.

i was later told the normal procedure is to let the rope unravel every 5 jumps, but this had not been done as it was nearing the end of the session. the last few jumpers had twisted round a few times more than usual, creating the effect i experienced.

my money was refunded as a 'sorry', and thinking back, they got away with it lightly!

had that rope gone round my neck....

Anyway...i wont be partaking this year !

Anyone else?

Oh my god!

Thats enough to put anyone off!

I couldnt do it myself anyway... scared of heights, let alone jumping from one.

Me too, but i once heard someone say "do one thing each day that scares you"

these days its used up when i look in the mirror first thing in the morning, but i used to do things like drive right to the top of the multi storey car parks etc, just to get that adrenaline rush. now they dont bother me that much, i can even look over the edge, for a minute or so anyway !

i think its more a fear of falling with me, rather than the height, coz i'm fine on a plane...

Oh my god!

Thats enough to put anyone off!

Did ya not see the program on the TV the other night? Showed a man bungee jumping, then the rope actually looping around his neck :blink:

went on for aaages aswel!!!!

Dont think i'll be trying that one!!

and "wear sunscreen"

- Baz Luhrmann

Thats the one!

Did ya not see the program on the TV the other night? Showed a man bungee jumping, then the rope actually looping around his neck :blink:

went on for aaages aswel!!!!

Dont think i'll be trying that one!!

Really? i never saw that!

Bit too close to home i think too!

Me too, but i once heard someone say "do one thing each day that scares you"

these days its used up when i look in the mirror first thing in the morning, but i used to do things like drive right to the top of the multi storey car parks etc, just to get that adrenaline rush. now they dont bother me that much, i can even look over the edge, for a minute or so anyway !

i think its more a fear of falling with me, rather than the height, coz i'm fine on a plane...

Wouldn't get me in one of them planes I am terrified of them, bungy jumping, no way.

:D

Tame stuff - elastic lifelines! There was a lad who did a leap (sans elastic band) off the railway bridge near the Kitty Brewster 30 odd years ago.

suicide porbably like redpath who jumped of the stakeford railway bridge!

Tame stuff - elastic lifelines! There was a lad who did a leap (sans elastic band) off the railway bridge near the Kitty Brewster 30 odd years ago.

I remember someone jumping from the road bridge back then, the mud at the time was very deep and he wasn't hurt.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now