New boundaries

16 hours ago, Vic Patterson said:

@Vic Patterson i don't know the details of the change but I expect @Malcolm Robinson will have a link to the changes:)

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/06/2023 at 19:42, Vic Patterson said:

ttps://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/news/politics/new-name-for-berwick-upon-tweed-constituency-while-wansbeck-and-north-tyneside-seats-to-be-abolished-4200276?fbclid=IwAR3Dt4wiY7vr8-RFjnd4ZbIIKfrRRMXSprS3dcfe6P7LBlIoYxTAWSkGZ9E

Quote:

”North Tyneside and Wansbeck will cease to exist, while new constituencies will be created elsewhere to reflect population changes.

The BCE is under a legal obligation to propose constituencies within 5% of the electoral quota, meaning the number of registered voters for each constituency in the country must be between 69,724 and 77,062” (my underlining)

Procreation! That’s the problem! There’s clearly not enough of it in Wansbeck. Get that  improved and we can swing this the other way in 18 years!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canny lass said:

The BCE is under a legal obligation to propose constituencies within 5% of the electoral quota, meaning the number of registered voters for each constituency in the country must be between 69,724 and 77,062” (my underlining)

Procreation! That’s the problem! There’s clearly not enough of it in Wansbeck. Get that  improved and we can swing this the other way in 18 years!

Would this apply to Scotland by any chance - where they are vastly overrepresented in Westminster?  Isn't it something like one MP for twenty odd thousand scots?

As far as the contrivance formerly known as Wansbeck is concerned: people with get up and go generally do!  Plaudits to those brave individuals who slog it out all their lives.  They are most certainly the ones that deserve gongs, but are generally totally ignored by our self-serving establishment.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now