Bedlingtonshire Free Press - August 18th 1944

John Krzyzanowski found these on one of his Memory Sticks but he can't remember where he got the images from or how long he has had them.

Had a 'Google' but can't find anything out about this Free Press:)

BedlingtonshireFreePressfrontpage.thumb.jpg.bee2e2100e982d44b6d930f48c27c6da.jpg

BedlingtonshireFreePresspagen.thumb.jpg.5a6d157d90bcb1cf3e288bf38a4a4dc4.jpg

BedlingtonshireFreePresspagennn.thumb.jpg.9965288d131e7639d0f53f1a82e4121b.jpg

BedlingtonshireFreePresspagenn.thumb.jpg.2f271f29af2eb274163d0486bd3e6209.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Like 1

Good reading, I would be six months old, and my late wife would be two months old. I'm surprised at the lack of news about the war, not the actual war but the effect it had, like rationing, coal rationing is about it.

For sale items like proggy matts, (I remember helping make them) bantams etc, Five hens and a cockerel. The grateful person who's intention to go to prison was thankful to the Lady for the spirit the fine was paid!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2024 at 09:16, Canny lass said:

"printed and published by G Robinson, 10 Front Street West" - would that be the newsagents at the top end?

Haven't looked into it yet - been out of action for a few days - but will do some checking over the weekend (I hope:))

On 15/01/2024 at 09:16, Canny lass said:

"printed and published by G Robinson, 10 Front Street West" - would that be the newsagents at the top end?

Checked with John Krzyzanowski and he hasn't found any info so we don't have any definate proof but I would say you were right. This is G Robinson's advert in the St Cuthbert's parish magazine of 1947 sent to me electronically by Peter Morgan :-

Peter Morgan 2a.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now