Lazytown!

Mr Darn

For anyone with young children, or with youngsters in their family/friends circle, you will have heard of Lazy Town.

Miss Darn's 2 children love the show (and missdarn has a crush on robbie rotten and sportacus!) but for those that dont know, its a childrens program aimed at getting kids to eat "sports candy" (apples etc) and dance about with the help of sportacus, an atheletic hero that helps people in trouble and stephanie, a young girl new to lazytown that loves to dance. Also, among others is Robbie Rotten, who hates anything which involves effort, and loves sweets and cake.

Anyways, i digress...

earlier this week metro radio had a 'text in' competition to win a chance to meet sportacus at Gateshed's international stadium... no, i didn't win! :(

I do however, feel sorry for those who did!

i went down, with the children and missdarn, to see what the fuss was about, and to see if i could catch a glimps of the childrend 'hero in blue'.

we got down there a bit late, and with the rain, thought it had been canceld, as loads of familys were walking away from the stadium, some of the children crying!

we pulled in, went to the stadium and joined a small group of familys around the metro radio stage. We were just in time for the unveiling of a thousand balloons, by none other than Sportacus himself!

eagerly we waited for a glimps of the hero, until a flash of blue, and on comes a man standing on his hands to a huge applause!

unfortunatly, this applause died down quickly as our so-called hero stood back up.

It Wasnt him.

Children cried, parents walked off, but a few stood oblivious to the fact they had traveled to see their hero and were confronted by a man dressed up as him.

Miss darns 2 were mortified. even went as far as to ask what had happened to him (they thought maybe robbie rotten had used a disguise!)

Anyway, my point:

how can a radio station like metro advertise meeting Sportacus from lazytown only to find out he's a fake? i know i wouldnt have entered if i'd known i was gonna meet an actor!

what do you lot think?

It`s a bit cheeky like! If they said you were gonna meet Sportacus then that`s who should of been there..not an imposter :mellow: You should put a complaint in at the radio station.You might get something off them for causing the kids distress :D

For anyone with young children, or with youngsters in their family/friends circle, you will have heard of Lazy Town.

Miss Darn's 2 children love the show (and missdarn has a crush on robbie rotten and sportacus!) but for those that dont know, its a childrens program aimed at getting kids to eat "sports candy" (apples etc) and dance about with the help of sportacus, an atheletic hero that helps people in trouble and stephanie, a young girl new to lazytown that loves to dance. Also, among others is Robbie Rotten, who hates anything which involves effort, and loves sweets and cake.

Anyways, i digress...

earlier this week metro radio had a 'text in' competition to win a chance to meet sportacus at Gateshed's international stadium... no, i didn't win! :(

I do however, feel sorry for those who did!

i went down, with the children and missdarn, to see what the fuss was about, and to see if i could catch a glimps of the childrend 'hero in blue'.

we got down there a bit late, and with the rain, thought it had been canceld, as loads of familys were walking away from the stadium, some of the children crying!

we pulled in, went to the stadium and joined a small group of familys around the metro radio stage. We were just in time for the unveiling of a thousand balloons, by none other than Sportacus himself!

eagerly we waited for a glimps of the hero, until a flash of blue, and on comes a man standing on his hands to a huge applause!

unfortunatly, this applause died down quickly as our so-called hero stood back up.

It Wasnt him.

Children cried, parents walked off, but a few stood oblivious to the fact they had traveled to see their hero and were confronted by a man dressed up as him.

Miss darns 2 were mortified. even went as far as to ask what had happened to him (they thought maybe robbie rotten had used a disguise!)

Anyway, my point:

how can a radio station like metro advertise meeting Sportacus from lazytown only to find out he's a fake? i know i wouldnt have entered if i'd known i was gonna meet an actor!

what do you lot think?

It sounds hilarious. Dreams shattered and wallets emptied.

It sounds hilarious. Dreams shattered and wallets emptied.

Thats the killer tho, the event was free to watch, had it been a paid entry i think we would have had WW3 on our hands! (who's told me a million times about exaggerating?)

The warburtuns stall (the bread people, dunno how its spelled and the spell checker is suggesting carburettors) was giving away slices of bread and butter, the '5 a day' was giving away apples but everything else seemed to be costly!

i dunno how much as the dust from my hasty retreat obscured my view.

Thats the killer tho, the event was free to watch, had it been a paid entry i think we would have had WW3 on our hands! (who's told me a million times about exaggerating?)

The warburtuns stall (the bread people, dunno how its spelled and the spell checker is suggesting carburettors) was giving away slices of bread and butter, the '5 a day' was giving away apples but everything else seemed to be costly!

Free bread and apples? It's the mardi gras!

hold on it was free and your moaning! some people are never happy! if you had to pay it probably would have been the real thing! next you'll be maoning that the santy in the metro centre is a fake! :lol:

Hush yo' mouth, fool! My kids could be reading this.

It's the real Santa at the Metrocentre, OK?

ok i'll rephrase that its one of santy's helpers! as santy him self is to busy delivery presents! :lol: :lol:

hold on it was free and your moaning! some people are never happy! if you had to pay it probably would have been the real thing! next you'll be maoning that the santy in the metro centre is a fake! :lol:

No, i said it was free to enter.

it cost me a days wages!

Hush yo' mouth, fool! My kids could be reading this.

It's the real Santa at the Metrocentre, OK?

He's got your bottle of 'adventure soup tucked' away. We'll have that after the Mexican Mules.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now