Tidy Bedlington

I returned to Bedlington recently and i thought front street was a lot tidier and the town in general was cleaner than when last i visited, but alas the woods, what a mess hardly the wonderful green clean area I remember as a kid,and the plastic bags hanging from tree branches what is the idea of that! come on if someone has the time to pick up the dog turds you would think they would take them home and dispose of the bags and contents properly.

I returned to Bedlington recently and i thought front street was a lot tidier and the town in general was cleaner than when last i visited, but alas the woods, what a mess hardly the wonderful green clean area I remember as a kid,and the plastic bags hanging from tree branches what is the idea of that! come on if someone has the time to pick up the dog turds you would think they would take them home and dispose of the bags and contents properly.

when exactly was that? bet they also removed the mamoth herds too! :lol:

As a responsible dog owner I always pick up Alfie's copper bolts and dispose of them hygienically.

Why would kids want to put their hands in bins full of dog crap and carry them down the road to throw them up a random tree?

Down by the black bridge theres like 10 bags to every tree and the ground is covered in dog mess too. Stop blaming the kids for everything thats wrong with this place, its the owners (mostly adults) that just cant be bothered to walk to the nearest bin, so they throw it over their shoulder into the bushes or trees.

Why would kids want to put their hands in bins full of dog crap and carry them down the road to throw them up a random tree?

Down by the black bridge theres like 10 bags to every tree and the ground is covered in dog mess too. Stop blaming the kids for everything thats wrong with this place, its the owners (mostly adults) that just cant be bothered to walk to the nearest bin, so they throw it over their shoulder into the bushes or trees.

Does the council never go down to clear it up?

why do people insist on putting dog mess in bags? thought we were suppost to be more eco friendly! so why are we creating more waste (dog mess in plastic bags that will not rot down for many a year)

leave it on the floor let the wildlife dispose of it the natural way! a mean whats the worst that could happen? get a bit of chewed bread on ya shoe!!! the travasty, phone the law :angry:

I blame the kids because i see them do it, and yes, i agree, dog owners that are lazy do throw them in bushes, but not 10 foot up a tree.the ones that are up the trees are mainly caused by teenagers. Fact.

I blame the kids because i see them do it, and yes, i agree, dog owners that are lazy do throw them in bushes, but not 10 foot up a tree.the ones that are up the trees are mainly caused by teenagers. Fact.

Where are these statistics showing the age groups of people who throw dog !*!@# into trees?

I'm with Monsta on this one. Dog !*!@# is bio-degradeable - leave it where it drops and it'll be gone with the first rains and adding goodness to the ground. If it doesn't rain it'll bake (just like sun-dried tomatoes) into firm lumps that can be safely kicked out of the way. Just take a look around and what do you see everywhere - litter, tons and tons of it, dropped people. I say leave the dogs alone.

what a load of !*!@# :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:;)

I'm with Monsta on this one. Dog !*!@# is bio-degradeable - leave it where it drops and it'll be gone with the first rains and adding goodness to the ground. If it doesn't rain it'll bake (just like sun-dried tomatoes) into firm lumps that can be safely kicked out of the way. Just take a look around and what do you see everywhere - litter, tons and tons of it, dropped people. I say leave the dogs alone.

I agree, i believe dogs should be able to relieve themselves just like any other animal. Fair enough, humans are educated enough to use a toilet, but dogs are not.

However, if the dog is allowed to clean itself outside someones front door, then common curtesy says pick it up!

I agree, i believe dogs should be able to relieve themselves just like any other animal. Fair enough, humans are educated enough to use a toilet, but dogs are not.

However, if the dog is allowed to clean itself outside someones front door, then common curtesy says pick it up!

You`ve hit the nail on the head there Mr Darn. Let them !*!@# if they need to,but if they !*!@# outside someones door,clean it up!

You`ve hit the nail on the head there Mr Darn. Let them !*!@# if they need to,but if they !*!@# outside someones door,clean it up!

Good on ya Cympil you are my sort of girl! pint of lager and a game of darts perfect........

Not at closing time at the Lion :lol: :lol:

Anyway whats all this crap about dog !*!@#?

Cats are the biggest offenders !*!@# in gardens where kids play,digging bloody great toilet holes in your plants,scatching anything or anyone they take a fancy to.They roam all over the place even on the roads,does anyone say anything about them,like !*!@# they do.

The only good cat is a dead cat,two jack russells and a twelve bore thats all I need

Anyway whats all this crap about dog !*!@#?

Cats are the biggest offenders !*!@# in gardens where kids play,digging bloody great toilet holes in your plants,scatching anything or anyone they take a fancy to.They roam all over the place even on the roads,does anyone say anything about them,like !*!@# they do.

The only good cat is a dead cat,two jack russells and a twelve bore thats all I need

My dad used to use cats as compost. when they hopped over the fence and walked along his leek trench enclosure, he used to get them with a Black Widow and a few ball barings! Nasty !*!@# !

Leek trench is gone now, but i had to give it to him, his leek puddings were tasty!

My dad used to use cats as compost. when they hopped over the fence and walked along his leek trench enclosure, he used to get them with a Black Widow and a few ball barings! Nasty !*!@# !

Leek trench is gone now, but i had to give it to him, his leek puddings were tasty!

poor cats! pity mr rspca didn't see him  in action! :angry:

Went down there this morrning before we left Bedlington to return home the place was covered with plastic bottles and empty beer cans, managed to doge them to take a few photographs.

How was your holiday Pete, did you get up to much while you were here?

I had an absolutely fabulous time Blank, spent most of the time visiting relatives and seeing the sites. Woodhorn museum has changed since the last time I was there, they have made a fantastic job of that place. Seen the couple out to sea at Newbiggin, difficult to see them as they are so far out

I had a good night in the Railway Tavern last Saturday, looking forward to Christmas so that I can get back up there again, if I talk the wife into it I will move back up there permanently miss the place.

:D

I had an absolutely fabulous time Blank, spent most of the time visiting relatives and seeing the sites. Woodhorn museum has changed since the last time I was there, they have made a fantastic job of that place. Seen the couple out to sea at Newbiggin, difficult to see them as they are so far out

I had a good night in the Railway Tavern last Saturday, looking forward to Christmas so that I can get back up there again, if I talk the wife into it I will move back up there permanently miss the place.

:D

Oh I was in the Railway on Sat night!! (It's not me in me avatar btw!)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now