Market Tavern

Merlin

I was down the street last w/end and called into the Tavern, shocked is an understatement what the !*!@# they done to the place. At first I thought they were renovating the place while still trading it looks like a building site at least and at worst you'd think a load of asians had moved in! What a mess,no seats anywhere but in one corner, pool table moved to take up more room beside bar,wall or partition ripped out and left as it is,there were more people behind the bar than were in the place and even then had trouble getting served as they all seemed more intent on finding out who was available to drive a TAXI. It gets even worse folks,for as I looked around aghast,there lurking at the end of the bar for all to see was the !*!@# Sun news paper sitting unabashed with a pint just waiting for some poor sop to pick it up! Could it get any worse!!!!!!

So are they doin the place up or are they goin the whole hog an puttin down spitoons an sawdust?

Cos if they are I'll be there again next w/end :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy a pint in The Tavern.

The continued absence of the above two posters would only add to the attractiveness of said establishment.

tek it your a regular! at the sleck hole! :lol::lol::lol:  must be employed to hold up the bar!

I enjoy a pint in The Tavern.

The continued absence of the above two posters would only add to the attractiveness of said establishment.

:blink: theres only one "above poster" CK..have you been sniffing poppers or what :lol:

I was down the street last w/end and called into the Tavern, shocked is an understatement what the !*!@# they done to the place. At first I thought they were renovating the place while still trading it looks like a building site at least and at worst you'd think a load of asians had moved in! What a mess,no seats anywhere but in one corner, pool table moved to take up more room beside bar,wall or partition ripped out and left as it is,there were more people behind the bar than were in the place and even then had trouble getting served as they all seemed more intent on finding out who was available to drive a TAXI. It gets even worse folks,for as I looked around aghast,there lurking at the end of the bar for all to see was the !*!@# Sun news paper sitting unabashed with a pint just waiting for some poor sop to pick it up! Could it get any worse!!!!!!

So are they doin the place up or are they goin the whole hog an puttin down spitoons an sawdust?

Cos if they are I'll be there again next w/end :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean..i was in there Saturday night before the band came in..the right side looks like a saloon with the round wooden tables,the carpet was like something out of a Bollywood film,wallpaper to match! and then there was a pool table with only the manager playing with his self (no pun intended) and it`s right in front of the ladies :D

Then there was the bit cardboard partition right in the middle of the pub..seriously..the only good thing was BedlingtonBarlass wasn`t giving me evils over the bar :lol:

I know what you mean..i was in there Saturday night before the band came in..the right side looks like a saloon with the round wooden tables,the carpet was like something out of a Bollywood film,wallpaper to match! and then there was a pool table with only the manager playing with his self (no pun intended) and it`s right in front of the ladies :D

Then there was the bit cardboard partition right in the middle of the pub..seriously..the only good thing was BedlingtonBarlass wasn`t giving me evils over the bar :lol:

think they should report there builders to Rouge Traders! :lol::lol::lol:  

Market Tavern = Slum Sleck Pit Avoid At All costs!

There were two previous posts when I typed that. One of your mate Monsta's typically erudite and forthright contributions has since been excised.

That would explain it..for one moment i thought it was me that was missing something :blink:

I havent been to the Tavern for a while. I remember Barlass saying there were live bands on...

Are they still on?

If so, when and what are they like?

Yes

Saturday night

Don`t know,didn`t hang around to find out :lol:

Yes

Saturday night

Don`t know,didn`t hang around to find out :lol:

Last time I was there the bands were good, the beer was great, the bar lass was shear bliss and then I went to the Percy what a trip no taxis and i had to walk all the way down normally OK but i was pissed,,,,,,,,

Last time I was there the bands were good, the beer was great, the bar lass was shear bliss and then I went to the Percy what a trip no taxis and i had to walk all the way down normally OK but i was pissed,,,,,,,,

That`s a canny hike when your drunk i bet :lol:

Nonsense. It's all downhill. Ten minutes, maximum. Just enough to build up a not unmanly thirst for the next pint.

The bands in the Tavern are alright. A bit trad for the tastes of this mid 20s hip-hopper, but perfectly fine for middle-aged types.

Mid 20`s..is that the 1920`s you`re talking about :lol:

Nonsense. It's all downhill. Ten minutes, maximum. Just enough to build up a not unmanly thirst for the next pint.

The bands in the Tavern are alright. A bit trad for the tastes of this mid 20s hip-hopper, but perfectly fine for middle-aged types.

ten minutes!!!!!!!!!!! it took me ten minutes to get to the monkey.

There were two previous posts when I typed that. One of your mate Monsta's typically erudite and forthright contributions has since been excised.

Uuummm that must have been moi then! :(

One of the very few posts I've seen absolutely no merit in. This despite the lame attempt at self-censorship by way of the casual use of the asterisk key.

Despite proximity, the very latest own acquaintance with The MT would have been circa 1989/90 (lunch-time menu only). I hereby promise to remedy this appalling oversight any month soon, and will report thereon from the zimmer frame perspective.

Otherwise... count me totally out-of-the-loop, multiple thinly veiled expletives in postings excepted. :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now