Perhaps they didn't think anyone would notice, so they didn't bother to go to the expense of writing one? All in the interest of saving public money of course.

I like the "Head of democratic services" bit. In true DDR (German Democratic Republic) fashion if you don't actually have any - no one actually voted you into existence - you absolutely need to proclaim that you are.

Title: Ministry of Health - Reality: Ministry dealing with Sickness

Title: Ministry of Employment - Reality: Ministry for the Unemployed,

etc. Give things a positive spin and everyone can be happy - until the bill arrives.

You got further than me then. When I try to open the .doc file I get:

post-2-1241811505_thumb.png

Of course as a software engineer I'm doing something wrong and the average member of the electorate with no computer skills will have no difficulty in exercising their democratic perogative.

Thanks HP; I still don’t know how or where you went to get this. As GGG says it is as clear as mud.

Very disappointed with the agenda, these guys make up strategic planning for our region both in a social and economic context. I presume any of the important issues will be included in what must be section 2 or the bit held away from public gaze?

“It is expected that the matters included in this part of the agenda will be dealt with in public.”

Seems a good start on the road to an inclusive and open local government structure, not!

It would seem obvious to include the terms of reference for this body so questions raised would be of significance and some real answers delivered.

Offhand I can think of one question GGG, in future will they publish minutes and agendas on local community web sites such as ours?

Our Ref: KN

Your Ref:

Direct Line: (01670) 533495

E-Mail Address: Kay.Norris@northumberland.gov.uk

30 April 2009

Dear Sir or Madam

Your attendance is requested at the AREA COMMITTEE SOUTH EAST to be held in Newbiggin Sports Centre on Wednesday, 13 May 2009 at 6.00 pm.

Yours faithfully

N Cook

Director of Corporate Services.

To the members of the South East Area Committee

(Councillors Armstrong, A R; Bircham, M K; Brechany, T; Brown, M; Campbell, D;

Coils, V; Crowther, B; Daley, W; Davey, G; Davey, S; Douglas, M I; Gobin, J J;

Lang, J A; Ledger, D; Nixon, R; Parry, K; Pegg, A H; Reed, S L; Reid, J; Richards, M E; Rickerby, L J; Romer, A C; Rowe, J D; Sawyer, J; Swithenbank, I C F; Thompson, A; Todd, G; Tompkins, I M R; Tyler, V; Webb, G; Wilson, T S)

AGENDA

PART I

It is expected that the matters included in this part of the agenda

will be dealt with in public.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIRMAN

3. DISCLOSURE OF MEMBERS INTERESTS

Members are invited to disclose the existence and nature of any personal and/or prejudicial interest they may have in any of the items included on the agenda for the meeting in accordance with Part 2 of the Code of Conduct, adopted by the County Council on 5 September 2007.

N.B. Any member wishing to seek clarification as to whether it may be appropriate to disclose an interest in respect of any item on this agenda, must seek advice from the Director of Corporate Services prior to the meeting.

3. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

To reply to any questions received from members of the public, which may be received in writing in advance of the meeting or asked in person at the meeting.

4. PETITIONS – UPDATE ON SITUATION

To receive any petitions presented by members of the public and/or elected members, and to consider any reports on any petitions if they have been received adequately in advance of the meeting.

5. ELECTORAL REVIEW - UPDATE

6. MEMBERS’ SMALL SCHEMES

To provide an update on Members’ Small Schemes

7. VENUE FOR NEXT MEETING

8. URGENT BUSINESS (IF ANY)

To consider such other business as, in the opinion of the Chairman, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now