Munchy Moos

Guest mrsvic

Eek.

Suppose the new name will be a stop-gap until they get the 'closing down' sign when uber-Tesco install their own greasy spoon.

In other food related news, I see the Tavern have a Curry Night advertised.

Eek.

Here's another thing. What's the dillio with Wisky's/Wiskey's, eh? The shop it say "Wisky's", the van it say "Wiskey's".

My theory is that the business is run by a Scot and an Irish person, each with their own views on how their venture should be spelled.

A rum old do and no error.

Guest mrsvic
Are they trying to say their cafe is full of greedy fat coo`s?

If they wanted to be representitive of it's clientelle 'Charving and Starving' would perhaps be a more appropriate name.

Eek.

Suppose the new name will be a stop-gap until they get the 'closing down' sign when uber-Tesco install their own greasy spoon.

In other food related news, I see the Tavern have a Curry Night advertised.

Eek.

i wonder who's cooking that then?

probably a debt collector. <_<<_<:o

i wonder who's cooking that then?

probably a debt collector. <_<<_<:o

Ho Ho; no, it's Ian actually, and it's bloody good.

Returning to the res for one moment, it appears I have misled you all. The scranatorium in question is, in fact, called "Munchie Moos".

does anybody know the reason why its changed name? B);)

:rolleyes:

This country.

he's always been good at cooking

:lol:

:lol:

:rolleyes:

the books

:o:o

It's always interesting when people have a dig at the Tavern with reference to 'debt collectors' and 'cooking the books', especially when one considers the plac is still open while others fall by the wayside. being a regular in there (and elsewhere in the town, although with increasingly less choice sadly) some of the stories that come about are brilliant: there's the famous one about the Tavern not being able to get any beer as the other pubs have stopped lending it to them, and then there's further about how all of teh regulars have been asked for loans, and yet more about them having to pay fo their beer upfront as they can't get credit, and so on. yet, day in, day out, it's open. Unlike others.

The pub trade is going through hell these days, as the breweries have the landlords by the balls: they dictate the prices for both the rent and the beer, and there's little anyone (other than the management at a free house such as the Northumberland) can do about that. Cooking the books, as such, is not possible - pay the rent or you're out.

Clearly, with your constant references to dodgy goings on and such, you don't frequent the Tavern: i do, and i'm a lot better placed to comment on 'cooked books' than someone who relies on what is nothing more than heresay and gossip.

I wouldn't trust Ian to count up to ten, as it happens, but he can cook me a curry any time. Try it before you !*!@# it off.

It's always interesting when people have a dig at the Tavern with reference to 'debt collectors' and 'cooking the books', especially when one considers the plac is still open while others fall by the wayside. being a regular in there (and elsewhere in the town, although with increasingly less choice sadly) some of the stories that come about are brilliant: there's the famous one about the Tavern not being able to get any beer as the other pubs have stopped lending it to them, and then there's further about how all of teh regulars have been asked for loans, and yet more about them having to pay fo their beer upfront as they can't get credit, and so on. yet, day in, day out, it's open. Unlike others.

The pub trade is going through hell these days, as the breweries have the landlords by the balls: they dictate the prices for both the rent and the beer, and there's little anyone (other than the management at a free house such as the Northumberland) can do about that. Cooking the books, as such, is not possible - pay the rent or you're out.

Clearly, with your constant references to dodgy goings on and such, you don't frequent the Tavern: i do, and i'm a lot better placed to comment on 'cooked books' than someone who relies on what is nothing more than heresay and gossip.

I wouldn't trust Ian to count up to ten, as it happens, but he can cook me a curry any time. Try it before you !*!@# it off.

do ya think

do ya think

i know a lot more than i am letting on on this forum but i think youre mistaken by your comments on me not a frequent user if this pub.you may find me in there most weekends until dopey oclock still stood at the bar.i dont listen to heresay and gossip but rely on facts then i cant be mistaken. ;);)

Guest mrsvic
iyou may find me in there most weekends until dopey oclock still stood at the bar.

Why?

Clearly 90% of your posts are about the Tavern and how much you hate it...

There are still a few other pubs you could go to, perhaps you would hate them a bit less? Asda sells cheap beer, as does Tesco... you can't need a pint so much you have to go to a place that you so clearly despise?

There are a load of places I don't like. I don't go. I don't want them to have my money. It works out quite well. Surely, not funding their profits would be a better way of kicking them in the balls than still drinking there and just publically proclaiming your dislike of the place? (Mind I divvint like ASDA , but I'm off there now as they bake better ciabattas than Tesco) :o

Why?

Clearly 90% of your posts are about the Tavern and how much you hate it...

There are still a few other pubs you could go to, perhaps you would hate them a bit less? Asda sells cheap beer, as does Tesco... you can't need a pint so much you have to go to a place that you so clearly despise?

There are a load of places I don't like. I don't go. I don't want them to have my money. It works out quite well. Surely, not funding their profits would be a better way of kicking them in the balls than still drinking there and just publically proclaiming your dislike of the place? (Mind I divvint like ASDA , but I'm off there now as they bake better ciabattas than Tesco) :o

ITS MY CHOICE. this is still a free country isnt it

i know a lot more than i am letting on on this forum but i think youre mistaken by your comments on me not a frequent user if this pub.you may find me in there most weekends until dopey oclock still stood at the bar.i dont listen to heresay and gossip but rely on facts then i cant be mistaken. ;);)

Most weekends? hey, I can beat that! How about most nights?? Is this a contest to see who drinks in the tavern the most?? (If it is, I win - hands down.)

OK, here's how it is: I LIKE the Tavern for several reasons - Ian's curry being one of them, and the fact that he and Sarah, David and Maureen and not to forget Sacha are good friends of mine - real, true friends, that is, rather than just buddies because I drink in there. If you want to discuss this further, without the need for an internet cloak, you'll find me - too - at the bar 'til dopey o'clock, but you'll find me enjoying it. The problem - well, question - i have with your rather odd accusations of 'cooking the books' is that it's not possible - it's a rented premises: don't pay the rent, and you have to go, it's that simple. Clearly, they pay the rent, as they are still there. I'm not sure if you think they are inventing sales, and the money that goes with it, or borrowing endless money from rich regulars (who they??) and not paying it back, or borrowing beer and, likewise, not paying it back, but all of those make no sense. Sarah has a business to run, and a family to keep, and does a very fine job of doing so.

Maybe you don't respect the effort put in by her, and her family, to make the place pay - it does, thanks to the bands on Friday and Saturday night, the curry night, and the upcoming menu - or maybe you bear a grudge against them for not letting some scumbucket in who you prefer to drink with, and that's your choice, but somebody who drinks in their every weekend until dopey o'clock yet persists in coming on here and slagging off the establishment, and the people who run it, is operating in a rather curios manner, as Mrs Vic attests to.

I hope you have the guts to come forward and talk to me next tim we are stood at the same bar, as I'd love to meet you face to face: you will know who I am - just ask for the 'most regular of regulars' and they'll point me out.

meanwhile, why not say something nice about a business, and a family, who actually try to offer us punters what we want?

Most weekends? hey, I can beat that! How about most nights?? Is this a contest to see who drinks in the tavern the most?? (If it is, I win - hands down.)

OK, here's how it is: I LIKE the Tavern for several reasons - Ian's curry being one of them, and the fact that he and Sarah, David and Maureen and not to forget Sacha are good friends of mine - real, true friends, that is, rather than just buddies because I drink in there. If you want to discuss this further, without the need for an internet cloak, you'll find me - too - at the bar 'til dopey o'clock, but you'll find me enjoying it. The problem - well, question - i have with your rather odd accusations of 'cooking the books' is that it's not possible - it's a rented premises: don't pay the rent, and you have to go, it's that simple. Clearly, they pay the rent, as they are still there. I'm not sure if you think they are inventing sales, and the money that goes with it, or borrowing endless money from rich regulars (who they??) and not paying it back, or borrowing beer and, likewise, not paying it back, but all of those make no sense. Sarah has a business to run, and a family to keep, and does a very fine job of doing so.

Maybe you don't respect the effort put in by her, and her family, to make the place pay - it does, thanks to the bands on Friday and Saturday night, the curry night, and the upcoming menu - or maybe you bear a grudge against them for not letting some scumbucket in who you prefer to drink with, and that's your choice, but somebody who drinks in their every weekend until dopey o'clock yet persists in coming on here and slagging off the establishment, and the people who run it, is operating in a rather curios manner, as Mrs Vic attests to.

I hope you have the guts to come forward and talk to me next tim we are stood at the same bar, as I'd love to meet you face to face: you will know who I am - just ask for the 'most regular of regulars' and they'll point me out.

meanwhile, why not say something nice about a business, and a family, who actually try to offer us punters what we want?

well said 'mercuryg'. i do know who you are becouse yes you are a regular drinker in there and yes its your choice.its nice to see customers respecting the effort of the landladys/landlord but when i see all the people they have let down i will ask them for thier views on the them lending thier hard erned cash and waiting every month to see if its going to be paid back.do you think thats the way to run a respectable buisiness?

well said 'mercuryg'. i do know who you are becouse yes you are a regular drinker in there and yes its your choice.its nice to see customers respecting the effort of the landladys/landlord but when i see all the people they have let down i will ask them for thier views on the them lending thier hard erned cash and waiting every month to see if its going to be paid back.do you think thats the way to run a respectable buisiness?

Fair enough, Splodge, and I respect your right to hold an opinion, but who are 'all these people they have let down'?

If you are one of them, then perhaps you need to sort it out with them, rather than spout off about it on a website?

I don't consider it my place to judge anyone on deals they have made with others.

Fair enough, Splodge, and I respect your right to hold an opinion, but who are 'all these people they have let down'?

If you are one of them, then perhaps you need to sort it out with them, rather than spout off about it on a website?

I don't consider it my place to judge anyone on deals they have made with others.

it would not be right for me to indicate who they owe money to, but yes I am one of them.i have reservations of when and if i am going to be re-embursed but the other people in the same position are quite annoyed. wouldnt you be?

isnt this a website open to everybody to voice there opinions and bring to the attention of whats going on. its not hearsay or rumour.its fact.

Guest mrsvic
isnt this a website open to everybody to voice there opinions and bring to the attention of whats going on. its not hearsay or rumour.its fact.

I lent my mate Jamie some DVD's nearly 2 years ago... limited edition US imports they were too... I only just got them back last week. And he still hasn't returned my Mike Leigh videos from like 5 years ago. And now I don't even have a video player. The cad.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion and draw attention to it.

And I am not going to drink in his pub either. :o

I lent my mate Jamie some DVD's nearly 2 years ago... limited edition US imports they were too... I only just got them back last week. And he still hasn't returned my Mike Leigh videos from like 5 years ago. And now I don't even have a video player. The cad.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion and draw attention to it.

And I am not going to drink in his pub either. :o

what dvds were they? and whos Mike Leigh?

it would not be right for me to indicate who they owe money to, but yes I am one of them.i have reservations of when and if i am going to be re-embursed but the other people in the same position are quite annoyed. wouldnt you be?

But its up to you, and others in that position, to sort that out with them. Slagging them off at every opportunity is not going to get your money back. Besides I'm not sure I believe you but hey.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now