Perfect Yorkshire Puddings

Mr Darn

Many people have Many ways to do it, whats yours?

Personally, i do the simple approach:

Tools and ingredients:

1 oven - 180-200 degrees

1 muffin tin

1 mixing bowl

2 large eggs

4oz plain flour

180ml full fat milk

small amount of lard (wont let me post k n o b ;) )

pinch of salt.

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees

place a small amount of lard in each of the muffin tin holes, about the size of a small marble. Place tin in oven and allow to get smoking hot.

Whilst oven and tin are heating, beat eggs in mixing bowl, whisk in the milk and salt, then slowly add the flour whilst whisking to avoid lumps. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed, then place in the fridge.

Once the lard in the muffin tin is smoking hot,turn on the oven rings, and turn oven down to 180 degrees.

Remove tin quickly to keep as much heat as possible in the oven, and place on the now hot rings. take mix out of fridge and pour into muffin tin holes, filling 3/4 full.

Replace muffin tin into oven.

DO NOT open the oven door for at least 10 minutes! this will allow the puds to rise and set.

Cook until golden brown, or to your taste.

Enjoy!

How do YOU do it?

• Like 1

Many people have Many ways to do it, whats yours?

Personally, i do the simple approach:

Tools and ingredients:

1 oven - 180-200 degrees

1 muffin tin

1 mixing bowl

2 large eggs

4oz plain flour

180ml full fat milk

small amount of lard (wont let me post k n o b ;) )

pinch of salt.

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees

place a small amount of lard in each of the muffin tin holes, about the size of a small marble. Place tin in oven and allow to get smoking hot.

Whilst oven and tin are heating, beat eggs in mixing bowl, whisk in the milk and salt, then slowly add the flour whilst whisking to avoid lumps. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed, then place in the fridge.

Once the lard in the muffin tin is smoking hot,turn on the oven rings, and turn oven down to 180 degrees.

Remove tin quickly to keep as much heat as possible in the oven, and place on the now hot rings. take mix out of fridge and pour into muffin tin holes, filling 3/4 full.

Replace muffin tin into oven.

DO NOT open the oven door for at least 10 minutes! this will allow the puds to rise and set.

Cook until golden brown, or to your taste.

Enjoy!

How do YOU do it?

open packet of 12 frozen yorkshire puddings,

throw in oven for 4 mins

take out and eat!

:D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.