Rabbit Pie

Brian Cross

I bought two fresh rabbits from a local butcher on the weekend (a rarity in our state of Queensland) my wife made a rabbit pie complete with heart, kidneys, gravy and a thick pie crust this a meal which makes me think of our home when i was a kid in Millbank Crescent .........i loved it.

• Like 2

Away down the golf course to get myself a couple,my belly's rumbling! Thats rabbits not black puds :lol: :lol:

Just had a thought:- Was it The Goodies who used to run around with black puddings,shouting "ecky thump" or am I thinking of something else?

goody goody gum drops! is that the ones :D

Away down the golf course to get myself a couple,my belly's rumbling! Thats rabbits not black puds :lol: :lol:

Just had a thought:- Was it The Goodies who used to run around with black puddings,shouting "ecky thump" or am I thinking of something else?

do you shoot them or use ferrets or nets the bunnies i mean

do you shoot them or use ferrets or nets the bunnies i mean

A good old slice with a sand wedge usually does the trick :lol: :lol:

You didn't really expect me to answer that did you Brian? Hunting in this country is highly ILLEGAL! Especially on Bedders Golf Course :lol: :lol: :lol:

A good old slice with a sand wedge usually does the trick :lol: :lol:

You didn't really expect me to answer that did you Brian? Hunting in this country is highly ILLEGAL! Especially on Bedders Golf Course :lol: :lol: :lol:

oooo sorry Merlin poaching is a bad thing tell my uncles that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is the butcher shop still open across from the coffin chapel and if so do they still sell rabbits and pheasant??

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's now a hairdressers, unless it was the little shop around the corner which is empty.

is the butcher shop still open across from the coffin chapel and if so do they still sell rabbits and pheasant??

Are you on about Lynns, opposite Grenfells?..that`s still there. I don`t know if they sell rabbit and pheasant though.

Vic what kind of nasty beasties are you hunting over there?

Brian, the way this country is going the bunnies will be the only thing between me and starvation and then it will have to be halal bunnie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin, Its hunting season for Deer, Elk and Moose, time to fill the freezer :)

Vic what kind of nasty beasties are you hunting over there?

Brian, the way this country is going the bunnies will be the only thing between me and starvation and then it will have to be halal bunnie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Halal bunies, thats nothing Merlin, you can only buy halal black pudding where I live. :lol:

• Like 2

Merlin, Its hunting season for Deer, Elk and Moose, time to fill the freezer :)

Never tasted any of them in my life,what are they like? I would love to hunt but not just for the prize, anything I kill I eat if I don't need to kill I won't. I love fishing and have always wanted to go to Alaska for the salmon and trout!

Depending on the animal! they all have a "gamey" taste but cooked right tastes very good, many here won't buy meat from the store, (my wife wont eat poor Bambie, or is it Rudolph? because she puts out carrots out for them!)

Most people live here because of the outdoors, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, 4X4 or quading etc (as there is nothing else here!) you love it or leave!

Hunting and fishing are well regulated, (need GPS and a good lawyer!) it is often used to control different species to protect another species etc (that is often controversial) shoot wolves to protect caribou, shoot grizzlies to save us!!!

Fishing! you can fish in the local lakes or streams, trek for a week or fly into remote lakes, my plumber at work just returned from the Yukon, fly into one location, a weeks trek to another, got his trophy sheep. The Americans pay big bucks to hunt up here, (my neighbor is a trapper/ guide) its a great place, but don't tell anyone! ;) (Alaska is about 4-5 days drive)

Depending on the animal! they all have a "gamey" taste but cooked right tastes very good, many here won't buy meat from the store, (my wife wont eat poor Bambie, or is it Rudolph? because she puts out carrots out for them!)

Most people live here because of the outdoors, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, 4X4 or quading etc (as there is nothing else here!) you love it or leave!

Hunting and fishing are well regulated, (need GPS and a good lawyer!) it is often used to control different species to protect another species etc (that is often controversial) shoot wolves to protect caribou, shoot grizzlies to save us!!!

Fishing! you can fish in the local lakes or streams, trek for a week or fly into remote lakes, my plumber at work just returned from the Yukon, fly into one location, a weeks trek to another, got his trophy sheep. The Americans pay big bucks to hunt up here, (my neighbor is a trapper/ guide) its a great place, but don't tell anyone! ;) (Alaska is about 4-5 days drive)

Its a long way to go to catch salmon Vic :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now