Rabbit Pie

Brian Cross

:D

Pete, In 15 hours (1,200 km)you can be at the coast in Kitimat, BC. lots of salmon there! :rolleyes:

Just had a look at Kitmat Vic and I see that it was built and owned by Alcan as a company town, so if there's plenty of salmon there it makes sense, out of the water into the tin. :D Its quite a journey compared to UK distances.

Monsta,Bears! we got bears but there all asleep, I hope!Pete, I worked at the Alcan at Newbiggen, I worked as construction electrician, is it still running?

Not sure if there is one at Newbiggen Vic as I have not lived in the North East since 1966 but I think there is one at Cambois. I am sure the locals on the forum would know.

Monsta,Bears! we got bears but there all asleep, I hope!Pete, I worked at the Alcan at Newbiggen, I worked as construction electrician, is it still running?

Vic, Alcan is still going strong,didn't know it was at newbbiggin! Its always been at Lynemouth :P It does a good line in growing rag-worm for the fishing here, they use the warm water in huge tanks to grow them!

Pete,I think you are thinking of the power station, it is not there anymore.

Vic, Alcan is still going strong,didn't know it was at newbbiggin! Its always been at Lynemouth :P It does a good line in growing rag-worm for the fishing here, they use the warm water in huge tanks to grow them!

No Merlin, go past where the power station used to be down towards the old steaths the one with the railway line running to it, did that not used to be Alcan?

No Merlin, go past where the power station used to be down towards the old steaths the one with the railway line running to it, did that not used to be Alcan?

Pete that's the silo's where Alcan transport their fly ash to be loaded on to ships to be dumped out to sea. Seven Stars Steaths.

Merlin I thought there was salmon in the river Aln?

There is Pete, also in the Coquet and The Tweed, you'll not believe this but over the last few years one of the best rivers up here for salmon is....... wait for it ..........The Tyne! But that is no matter, it would be cheaper for me to fly to Alaska than pay for a permit to fish for salmon on these rivers! And then there are the waiting lists and of course whether your face fits!.For decent trout fishing it's £30 a day around here!

Oh! and Pete you're not trying to tell me that fishing up here can compete with Alaska are you! :lol: :lol:

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 1

There is Pete, also in the Coquet and The Tweed, you'll not believe this but over the last few years one of the best rivers up here for salmon is....... wait for it ..........The Tyne! But that is no matter, it would be cheaper for me to fly to Alaska than pay for a permit to fish for salmon on these rivers! And then there are the waiting lists and of course whether your face fits!.For decent trout fishing it's £30 a day around here!

Oh! and Pete you're not trying to tell me that fishing up here can compete with Alaska are you! :lol: :lol:

Merlin I am sure that the fishing in alaska would be much better than the North East but you would have to contend with the bears. :D bit to cold for the salties

I remember years ago being told that the first salmon caught during the season had to be given to the Duke of Northumberland not sure if that still is the case or weather its a falacy

Merlin I am sure that the fishing in alaska would be much better than the North East but you would have to contend with the bears. :D bit to cold for the salties

I remember years ago being told that the first salmon caught during the season had to be given to the Duke of Northumberland not sure if that still is the case or weather its a falacy

yes Pete you are correct,the Duke of Northumberland does indeed get the first salmon caught,and the angler who caught said salmon gets his fishing for free the next year! Lucky sod :D

Catch him a Saltie and give it to him he might change the rule wad ya reckon Pete....crustii-croc8-crop2-300x300.jpg

Pete that's the silo's where Alcan transport their fly ash to be loaded on to ships to be dumped out to sea. Seven Stars Steaths.

thats the import port! where they load up the trains to take the ali ore to the smelter! :D

I'm from Blyth and when I cross the bridge at Bebside I'm lost! ;) Newbiggin, Cambois., Druridge Bay they're all so close there all the same! Kidding! I worked at Blyth Power Station, Alcan and all over the Ashington area.

BTW I was out of town today and saw my first Lynx! impressive animal.

I'm from Blyth and when I cross the bridge at Bebside I'm lost! ;) Newbiggin, Cambois., Druridge Bay they're all so close there all the same! Kidding! I worked at Blyth Power Station, Alcan and all over the Ashington area.

BTW I was out of town today and saw my first Lynx! impressive animal.

Did you have your camera with you? Some pictures would be great!

Unfortunately no! I usually carry it but because of the early departure and cold weather (packing cold weather clothes etc I forgot! I should have known better as it was the first day after hunting season closed and I think the animals know it! :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now