Literate Refs.

I was reading a new book last night, by a bestselling American novelist (Clive Custler), and he had to “ground” one of the characters in Newcastle upon Tyne. He did that my mentioning the guy was 20 miles from Bedlington!

So my question is, does that make Bedlington more internationally famous than Newcastle?

Guess I know the answer on this forum!

I have come across references to Bedlington in another novel I read but can’t remember the title? Anyone else come across the Town in this way?

I was reading a new book last night, by a bestselling American novelist (Clive Custler), and he had to “ground” one of the characters in Newcastle upon Tyne. He did that my mentioning the guy was 20 miles from Bedlington!

So my question is, does that make Bedlington more internationally famous than Newcastle?

Guess I know the answer on this forum!

I have come across references to Bedlington in another novel I read but can’t remember the title? Anyone else come across the Town in this way?

Our wonderful town gets a mention in Harry Pearson's North Country Fair.

Guest missvic

the graphic novel 'from hell' shows a frame of a front page of a newspaper about jack the ripper and a mysterious bedlington murder! not a great work of literature, but still a bedlington reference in a proper book like

the graphic novel 'from hell' shows a frame of a front page of a newspaper about jack the ripper and a mysterious bedlington murder! not a great work of literature, but still a bedlington reference in a proper book like

Do you mean the sort of publication that spotty loppers buy in emporia such as Forbidden Planet?

Now hey, nothing wrong with Mr Pratchett I started reading his books before he got other people to write them and anyone who can wear a hat of such proportions to hide a bald head cannot be all bad!

I did try one once - bloody awful stuff.

• 2 weeks later...