A Sad Sight To Begin 2007

Ms Hair

I was walking over the road from the Sun Inn to the HSBC bank on the Front Street today and saw that a chunk of stone has been smashed off the corner of the market cross monument. It's only about 4 inches square but it looks really obvious as the sandstone underneath is bright. It looks like someone has smashed it off deliberately. Its a real shame because the lump of rock is still lying in the road next to it. Anybody who knows anybody who can fix it please go and get the piece of stone before it gets smashed too!

I know monuments etc get natural wear and tear but at least that looks natural, this just looks awful and it makes me worry that now a bit has come off anybody sitting on it may pick or scrape away at it.

I was walking over the road from the Sun Inn to the HSBC bank on the Front Street today and saw that a chunk of stone has been smashed off the corner of the market cross monument. It's only about 4 inches square but it looks really obvious as the sandstone underneath is bright. It looks like someone has smashed it off deliberately. Its a real shame because the lump of rock is still lying in the road next to it. Anybody who knows anybody who can fix it please go and get the piece of stone before it gets smashed too!

I know monuments etc get natural wear and tear but at least that looks natural, this just looks awful and it makes me worry that now a bit has come off anybody sitting on it may pick or scrape away at it.

Sadly a sign of the times

Guest missvic

I was awoken on New Years morning as a shirtless chap, drenched in shaving foam and unable to stagger with much accuracy screamed to his peers in the street that 'ama ganna f****** kill ya's... with me hands'. perhaps he and his chums were the culprits? they certainly looked the type :angry:

Basically, what you are saying is you left a lump of rock in the road? Surely you could have picked it up and placed it out of harm's way?

Not good enough.