Bedlington Townscape Heritage Initiative Newsletter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a sarcasm button put into the reply box somewhere. It always seems to get lost somewhere between me typing and clicking post :glare:

Brettly, you are doing just fine without it mate, ha ha. Just drive in the opposite direction to that of which the NCC gardeners vans and grass cutters are travelling, you may just find Bedlington Station among the weeds and undergrowth. The Station itself ? long gone, long forgotten and never to be ressurected it seems. (looks like my sarcasm button is working just fine, sunshine)

The Station - a great project for the bench-burners who have "nothing to do".

Some flowers have been planted in the raised beds and hanging baskets put up !!! A half barrel has been placed in front of St. Johns and planted with marigolds. Just a pity they never cut the grass , weeded and re-planted the existing beds first.

what about the weather when is the rain going to stop . is this the future for our weather ?

An old farmer once told me his take on it a few years ago. " Its all them old bed irons and other junk they're sending into space, playing havoc with the weather ". Who's to say he is wrong ? Edited by keith

Some flowers have been planted in the raised beds and hanging baskets put up !!! A half barrel has been placed in front of St. Johns and planted with marigolds. Just a pity they never cut the grass , weeded and re-planted the existing beds first.

Keith,

Its not my business but I think you might find your parish council did the beds, hanging baskets etc and its NCC who are responsible for grass cutting......unless you want to see your parish rates start to multiply.... as is the grand scheme at the moment!

Keith,

Its not my business but I think you might find your parish council did the beds, hanging baskets etc and its NCC who are responsible for grass cutting......unless you want to see your parish rates start to multiply.... as is the grand scheme at the moment!

To be honest I could not give a monkeys chuff who pays for what,...... the..... grass.....needs.....cutting....... 'cos the place is a bloody mess.

Naw................its the Bronx........

Well at least we agree on something Malcolm.You never know, someone with a bit of nouse might even notice and realise Bedlington continues beyond the Front streets and the Market Place. Just because the Raisbeck has stopped running dosent mean you cant get to the station anymore, it is still there.

To be honest I could not give a monkeys chuff who pays for what,...... the..... grass.....needs.....cutting....... 'cos the place is a bloody mess.

Yep and its not as if we don't pay for the service or it used to be a service we paid for in the WDC then the NCC rates.

Seems to me someone has decided to only cut about half a metre in from the roads irrespective of how much grass there is wherever.... 1 pass with the flail mower?

Well at least we agree on something Malcolm.You never know, someone with a bit of nouse might even notice and realise Bedlington continues beyond the Front streets and the Market Place. Just because the Raisbeck has stopped running dosent mean you cant get to the station anymore, it is still there.

This is the daft thing about having three little councils!

This is the daft thing about having three little councils!

And So Say All Of Us!!!

By the way Keith I'm off on a weeks holiday but by the time I get back do you think you could explain to me what a Monkeys Chuff Is? It sounds quite interesting. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by foxy

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now