Bedlington Leisure Centre

I was just reminded of something after reading Adams post in the Announcement section

Talking to someone recently, I was taken totaly by surprise when he told me what he had been told by someone connected to East Bedlington Parish Council. The man from EBPC had told him that there are rumours that when the "New high school" is built, the existing sports facilities are to be developed into the new Bedlington sports and leisure centre.

Can anyone elaborate on this as I have never even heard of any plans to build a new high school, let alone developing a leisure centre from the dregs of the current one. ?

It could all be a pie in the sky and just chinese wispers doing the rounds, but there again, there is no smoke without fire and maybe there is a modecum of truth in the rumours.

There is also the possibility that it is all true and I have simply heard anything of it

There is also this excerpt from the Bedlington Forum Minutes which raised my eyebrows.

The Chair brought to the attention of the meeting the pit falls of the private finance initiative for

Bedlingtonshire High School. Much discussion followed about the fact that the existing sports facilities

will go if someone or some organisation does not come forward to run them. It was further explained

that if no one came forward to take over these facilities (gym, running track, bowling greens, tennis

courts, etc) they would probably be bulldozed. This in effect would leave a brand new school, (in 2015)

with next to no sport provision, which given local health issues would seem complete madness.

Find the Bedlington Forum Minutes here

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now