Recent Events In Woolwich.

I would like to make a couple of points.

First if I stood up on the Nail and shouted what those people are shouting in that video I would EXPECT to have my collar felt pretty dammed sharpish by the boys in blue. Incitement to any number of things no doubt. Why then if we are all the same under the law weren't all those people nicked?

Certainly for these hard lined hateful clerics we keep reading about, a swift deportation to whatever Middle Eastern utopia they are trying to recreate here would be first order of business!

Secondly we ask our armed services to protect this country wherever and whenever we, the democratically elected government operating supposedly under international law, dictates. We should do EVERYTHING in our power to make sure this country is safe for them to walk the streets with their heads held high. We owe them a debt which very few of us will ever repay.

I don't agree with Keith's original premise that we should be banning Asian owned corner shops or other businesses, I think we should be looking at them and wondering why the indigenous population haven't got the same work ethic!

i dont understand how the muslim hate mongers are allowed to stay in the uk long after they have identified as preaching death and hatred to young muslims shouldn't they just be deported the same as any other alien ?

Like many others they learned to play the system. They get invited on Newsnight and are paid a fat fee for sailing as close to the wind as they dare. This is done in the name of getting a balanced view and free speech. Invite a BNP or EDL spokesperson onto the same prog and all the leftie journos at the Beeb would stage another of their regular walkouts - and there'd be a left-wing protest mob screaming outside!

I don't agree with Keith's original premise that we should be banning Asian owned corner shops or other businesses, I think we should be looking at them and wondering why the indigenous population haven't got the same work ethic!

Totally agree! All enterprise has to be rewarded fairly, and to discriminate like that would reinforce ghettoisation. It's difficult to justify movement restrictions in a free society, but I think, in the interests of proper integration, immigrants should be told which areas they can and can not settle in for say the first five years based on the number of immigrants already in those areas. So probationary citizenship before full citizenship is granted. Violate the probation conditions and you qualify for a ticket for the first plane out, no endless court hearings or appeals. Could we do this under EU law? Most likely not! And, we need that temporary (half-a-generation) complete hold in order to sort out the current situation.

Newsnight did have Tommy Robinson (bossjonnie of the EDL) on a couple of years ago and Nick Griffin's (bossjonnie on the BNP) been on Questiontime; on those occasions they were debated by those with differing opinions and the Beeb staff didn't boycott either event.

I say "let them all speak" ... but they must always be challenged.

I don't have a problem with deportation if UK laws are broken but any accusations should always be examined in court. GGG you may well be right about the Peelers being reluctant to lift those spouting unlawful hate but they are clearly following orders from the Home Office. We have all the laws necessary to manage the situation but seem to lack the political will to confront the issue firmly. It's all political smoke and mirrors.

When did I suggest that we should ban Asian owned corner shops ? I actually suggested that other stores (supermarkets / high st. and corner shops) stock and sell alcohol and tobacco products. I also pointed out that not all corner shop or Asian shop owners are Muslim. Now as far as I can remember, in another thread a couple of years ago, I made the point that the Asian shop owners have made a success of their businesses by shear hard work. Mr. Singh will get up at 5am for the papers and keep that shop open for our convenience till 10pm. When Mr. Smith had that shop it would be closed at 5pm.

There's no doubting that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims, good Christians and bad Christians, good Jews and bad Jews.. so on and so on. It just so happens that it is the bad Muslims that are causing harm to the people of this country, who's to say that it wont happen to someone we know next ?. As always happens, the few spoil it for the many.

Edited by keith

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now