Parking Charges

Why were NCC looking into extending parking charges into the SE of the County?

Not hard to see why..............

http://www.newspostl...rking-1-5928090

Coming home from work yesterday afternoon I saw the traffic warden ticketing cars parked on the path at Plessey woods. Seems to be easy pickings for them. After all it is a really busy street and illegally parked cars really cause an obstruction to property, pedestrians, cyclists and they impede the flow of traffic.

yeah, I passed them on the way to work the other week Keith, but I have seen them a couple of times now.

They are parked on the path and fully off the road to take their dogs down the woods (a leisurely exercise which could prevent this obesity endemic that is going around), there is ample space for cars to park.

The fact that the wardens have to spend their time going out there to ticket then get back elsewhere is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

That (Ticketing cars at Plessy Woods) is down to the persistence of one councillor and if anyone has been attending the Town Council meetings over the last few years you will know who because he raised the matter at every meeting.

There is a large car park just over the top of that road, course you have to pay to park there.

There is a large car park just over the top of that road, course you have to pay to park there.

is it compulsory now? Last time I went it was a voluntary contribution.

Its compulsory merc, is this the councillor that kept dumping manure and rubbish opposite the cottages at hartford because they blocked planning permision for him to build there?

I thought he was, or was he trying to get elected, it was a while ago and I remember something in the NPL sure it was written by V Tyler, at the time my hubby and I were quite disgusted by it, apologies if im wrong.

yeah, I passed them on the way to work the other week Keith, but I have seen them a couple of times now.

They are parked on the path and fully off the road to take their dogs down the woods (a leisurely exercise which could prevent this obesity endemic that is going around), there is ample space for cars to park.

The fact that the wardens have to spend their time going out there to ticket then get back elsewhere is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

Easy pickings Brett. Edited by keith

Even if it's obvious that you're parking illegally you can often 'get away with it' by doing some basic research, then applying what you've found out. Very often those responsible for the road signage and road markings will not have followed PRECISELY the guidance outlined in The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (known as the TSRGD). These documents set out the law regarding signs & marks and if they are not followed EXACTLY that will allow parking appeals to go through. So, if you get nabbed it's worth checking out the signage/markings - take photos and measurements - and if even one small thing isn't in accordance with the regs the appeal WILL be allowed.

A couple of examples: a no parking sign on a post ... even a couple of mm higher or lower than that shown in TSRGD will result in an appeal succeeding; control zone parking ... ALL access roads to the zone need signage (you'll be suprised at the number of times the signage will be displayed at the ends of main access but not at secondary access) so the appeal relies on you entering the zone via the un-signed secondary access. There are tons of examples like these.

It's worth going to the site below and downloading the docs ... they're free so there's no need to pay anything.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/traffic-signs-manual

Oh, anywhere in Greater London you CANNOT park on any pavement unless specific permission is given and there are pavement zones marked with lines. Rules vary elsewhere in Blighty so it's worth checking locally ... someplaces it's OK, others not.

Edited by Symptoms

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now