Dangerous Mirrors.

Eileen

I thought I would share this with everyone as a warning. My son called in tonight after work just as I was going out, he dashed upto the bathroom, next thing I knew he was shouting on me to go upstairs quickly. He had gone into the bathroom and smelt burning, our mirror on the window cill had been reflecting the sun onto the UPVC window, and it had caught fire, he quickly threw water on it and put it out. I dread to think what would have happened if he hadnt called in. So anyone with a mirror on a window cill if I were you I,d move it, you might not be so lucky. Very scary.

Yes Maggi e my hubby and I were talking about it last night, we were just saying how we had nev er heard of that kind of thing happening before, then it happens to us, but not so extreme though, bet the owner of the jag wasnt very happy, and as this is the second time this has happened to one of his buildings i think his days as an architect are numbered.

• 2 weeks later...

aye..mirrors can be dangerous..i remeber as a young fella we had been up to the old resivoir dump at bebside and found an old wardrobe with the full length mirror intact. we removed the door and carried the mirror along the spine road embankment to the grey bridge. thats the railway bridge along past asda towards cramlington. we then set up camp in the long grass of the embankment and were dazzling car drivers as they came round the bend..it was great fun and we nearly caused quite a few accidents..its funny how moments like that never leave you when you get older..i really was a stupid boy back then..though..it was fun at the time..

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now