Climate Change.

Malcolm Robinson

I can't believe that they are ignoring the effects of Methane. Phase 6 of the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP5) surely must take into consideration the methane that El Niño will distribute from the Isle of Cows. To illustrate this everone with a greenhouse should fill it with aerosol spray and simultaneously open dorrs and windows to release the concentrates so the 38th CMIP5 model can surely reflect the next 20 year trend.

This could really have a devastating effect on the Burnley Rhubarb Triangle.

Malcolm, I hope you can sleep at night. I am just off to discuss this with the missess.

I believe I heard this document described by a climate-change "scientist" as unreadable. By which he meant unreadable to climate-change "scientists".

I'm sick of hearing climate is more than x years! OK, let's set a date when the whole game will be up. A date when the funding and junketing has to end. I suspect there will always be an aberration - and an ensuing cogent explanation - for why nature isn't even remotely following the computer models. Rember that "hockey-stick" curve prediction when things would all suddenly shoot North? (Because a gentle linear rise wouldn't have been much good to the climate-change industry.)

An alternative definition: Climate is what we feel it SHOULD be - Weather is what you EXPERIENCE in the real world.

NEWS-pachauri.jpg

Meanwhile.. roll out another bottle of bubbly, the great climate change junket can be made to last at least another decade. Did I mention we "scientists" need even more funding?

-----------------------------------

Some reality here:

WEAK MAX: The weakest Solar Max in 100 years continues today with another 24 hours of quiet.

http://spaceweather.com/

There appears to be a minor point of inflection occurring in the decade or so's global cooling; that cooling which the IPCC junketeers have now been forced to acknowledge. They will surely latch on to this as a sign of a resumption in warming "just as predicted". But, once we are past this record weak solar maximum, you don't need an international bean-feast, or a hundred million pound budget, to predict what is going to happen running up to 2020?

solar-cycle-24.jpg?1373577480

Graphic source: http://www.space.com...ak-is-weak.html

• 4 months later...

Dunno about you, but I've little sympathy for toffs who build their million pound homes on known and historically well documented flood plains, THEN expect everyone else to quite literally bail them out.

Somerset is called Somerset because our ancestors had the good sense only to live there during the dryer Summer months.

Of course the "solar deniers" at the Beeb will spin this for all it's worth.  The reason for the move in the jet stream is that it's now so bloody cold at the poles the temperature difference at the equator is putting a lot more energy into the system.  This is what ANY sane meteorologist will tell you when not gagged and fearing for their job.

Did you notice how very careful the Beeb was to not mention who was on the ship frozen in the Antarctic? This was so "diplomatically handled" that they even got it by me.  The news passed it off as just a party of tourists.  But yes, you guessed it; it was a gaggle of so called climate change scientists on a jolly to show how much the ice had retreated. They thought they were onto a winner going in high Summer!  If they'd found what they were looking for we'd never have heard the end of it.  They didn't, so even the mission itself is covered up.

The incident was put down to mere weather.  But, is the fact that the ship has been written off now - as there is little prospect of it ever being recovered - an indication that anyone really thinks that this was a mere weather incident?  The logical gymnastics they went through on the Inside Science program on Radio 4 to hold the party line had me in stitches. It's really worth a listen, and truly worthy of the best efforts of Stalinist regime.  Is it any wonder that people are turning, in droves, to Al Jazeera for their news, as indeed are UK broadcast workers with some sense of dignity!

I think the 'problem' of climate change (whatever happened to Global Warming?) has been exaggerated in no small part thanks to the see-all-instantly news coverage we are party to these days. prior to the wonders of t'internet it was standard practice to actually research news before reporting it; now it's both feet in look at the depth of this flood missus isn't it terrible without resort to an actual reason or the debacle.

I see the Government's news manipulating team came up with the latest wheeze to placate the 'great unwashed' of the soft southern floodplain huggers ... yep, they wheeled out those two parasitic wasters (bald Willy Horseface and 'Ginger' Hewitt) to hump sandbags.  So that's alright then!

@mercuryg

Well, yes - you have to find something to fill the multiple 24/7 news coverage, and lets keep the whole thing within budget by getting a camera down there and sticking a mike in anyone you can find's face.  All they are going to talk about is their own problems, and who they blame.  In the old days this was "all them nuclear tests". But at least then the moans were face to face. We didn't have hour after hour of national news coverage, and countless low-budget discussion programs.

The other problem is that science is now so highly politicised that any in-depth look at a problem is going to upset someone quite powerful, or some powerful lobby.  The current politicians are also like cushions - gently mirroring the last arse that sat on them!  And, of course, they need to be seen to be "doing something".  Woe betide the leader that isn't seen to be right up at the coal face "leading" with perfect 20:20 hindsight!

@Symptoms

Ah, yes, them too!  Imagine the "controversy" that would follow a truthful "well, actually, I'd just get in the way!"

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now