Evolution - Cloning - Next Generation Etc

GGGs topic in 'Computing' on the iphone

-------------------------------------------------

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

We've known for a while that the iPhone 6 was going to be a fair bit bigger (once again), but here is a leak of one of the dummies supplied to case manufacturers to ensure they have their sizing absolutely correct.  The white phone is, of course, a Sammy Galaxy S5.
post-3031-0-16523200-1400842194_thumb.jp

The Apple copy of the Galaxy Note seems to be due later.  That this exists is in no doubt, and is another climb-down for a firm which ridiculed the original Note (and just about everything else they have slowly backtracked on).  The Note 4 will be out near year end, so Apple have a lot of catching up to do.  What it will be called is intriguing as surely they won't stoop to calling it the iNote?  iPadPhone sounds more than awkward!

None of this would matter if Apple adopted a live and let live attitude to competitors, and didn't constantly spin that their own originality and innovation was being compromised. The truth is that they are the biggest cloner of other people's ideas on planet Earth!

made me think, in my own little world, how thinks have been cloned, or evolved or just grown

-----------------------------------------------

made me think about how manufactured items have evolved so, in my own little world, I had a bit play :-

Communications (ending with GGGs iphone 6) :-

post-3031-0-77191500-1400842625_thumb.jp

Malcolm's Terrier seat :-

post-3031-0-43262600-1400842823_thumb.jp

Flight :-

post-3031-0-15627600-1400842921_thumb.jp

Got any manufactured goods you can trace back etc you can show where the idea came from?

Edited by Eggy1948

Brilliant subject!

You know the really great people in this world are at pains to admit to copying other people's ideas - only the small-minded (and creepy) attempt to "own" them.  Though Isaac Newton might have admitted that he copied his famous phrase too! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now